Home

Slumps in RTTS

This is a discussion on Slumps in RTTS within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Slumps in RTTS

It happens every year.

I start off hitting great....I go through April hitting .400 and then by mid-may I'm down to less than .220. I'm sure I'm like one more missed achievement away from going to the minors.

Anyone else seen this? Any good ideas?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Slumps in RTTS

It happens to me some times too. Sometime it happens the opposite. (Start off slow and get hot later on). Other seasons I have not gotten hot or slumped for an extended period.

I actually like when this happens because it is realistic. I can see why others would hate it but I'm glad the game doesn't let me get too awesome at hitting. Nothing would disappoint me more than to finish a season with an unrealistic batting average of .493 and 114 HR's.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:43 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I had some major slumps in the minors. The past few years I've been relatively slump free but then to start off the 2014 season I couldn't hit a thing. I went to the batting cage and thought I had figured out the problem but then a week later I had a few more hitless games and dropped back down again. I finally turned things around half way through May but it was frustrating.

It's good that hitting is still a challenge as I was starting to get a little cocky.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:28 AM   #4
Rookie

Man, I am really glad to see this thread. I just got the PS3 and The Show and started slow my first season but got up around .340 with 17 homers and 71 RBIs until the last month-month and a half of the season when I plummeted to .291, hit 1 more homer and only 4 RBIs.

I didn't get invited to Spring Training but made Triple A where my slump continued, got sent down to Double A where my slump continues. I had decided that it had to be me and my timing rather than an actual slump so I've stepped away from that RTTS and started a pitcher. If the game has genuine slumps though, I'll likely dive back in.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #5
Rookie

VonRye's Arena

OVR: 8

When I get into one of my hitting slumps and keep popping pitches up and chasing bad ones, I start thinking about hitting the ball the opposite way, which makes me wait longer, and I also stopped guessing pitches and just react to whatever is thrown and that has helped greatly. You might also want to take a few more pitches and try to work the count in your favor a little more often.

My 3rd baseman typically starts slow in the power categories (2B, 3B, HR, RBI) but hits in the mid-to-high .300s until about mid-May and then gets very hot with extra base hits. Then around late-June I go into another mini-power slump until after the All Star Break. He's very much like Mark Teixeira in that he's a warm weather masher. Kinda cool that he has his own personality like that. I'm in the middle of my 4th MLB season (6th season total) and he has yet to hit under .325 (career average of .344) but only has career highs of 33 HR and 97 RBI, so I'm not getting ridiculous numbers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonRye
When I get into one of my hitting slumps and keep popping pitches up and chasing bad ones, I start thinking about hitting the ball the opposite way, which makes me wait longer, and I also stopped guessing pitches and just react to whatever is thrown and that has helped greatly. You might also want to take a few more pitches and try to work the count in your favor a little more often.
Hey Von-

I appreciate both recommendations and will try them both. Hopefully this gets me out of the slump.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:41 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I get into HR slumps.

My power and contact numbers are 99, but there are times (like, a whole month) where the swing I take aren't very good. It's almost like the game is making a point in putting me into a slump.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »