Home

OMG, how frustrating !!!!

This is a discussion on OMG, how frustrating !!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
OMG, how frustrating !!!!

Just had a good game in season mode playing as Dodgers against the Reds.

THey went 8-3 up after 7
In the 8th i scored 4 to make 8-7
I shut them out bottom of 8

Into the 9th i got runners on 1st and 3rd with two outs but i accidentaly hit the X button and unknown to me the runner on 3rd was highlighted and by pressing the X sent him home and he got tagged !!!!!!!
So frustrating i could of thrown my controller out the window !!

Anyone else have any annoying plays that cost them ?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: OMG, how frustrating !!!!

I have a hard time with more than 1 guy on base, gets a little confusing for me on who I am controlling
Old 05-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yes, its very frustrating at times, I had the bases loaded and accidently sent everybody by pressing R2 lol
Old 05-07-2009, 06:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

I hear you - had rallied furiously back from 5 runs down to close to within one run in the 9th...two outs, my hottest hitter up and runners at the corners with my top base stealer at first (he had already swiped two easily in the game). Decided to try to send him to possibly draw a bad throw or at least get both runners in scoring position so that a basehit would win the game and not just tie it.
Took a nice lead and bam! he was off like a shot and I'm thinking oh yeh! he's got it stolen easy so I lay off the pitch.
Suddenly I see the catcher stand up and instead of throwing down, he starts running and I'm thinking huh?? Then as I watch in horror as the baserunner from third comes racing down the line right into the catcher's tag for the final out, it occurs to me that unfortunately I had forgot to designate only the runner at first to steal and had instead triggered a highly inadvisable double-steal - ballgame. D'oh!
Old 05-07-2009, 08:22 PM   #5
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp99
Suddenly I see the catcher stand up and instead of throwing down, he starts running and I'm thinking huh?? Then as I watch in horror as the baserunner from third comes racing down the line right into the catcher's tag for the final out, it occurs to me that unfortunately I had forgot to designate only the runner at first to steal and had instead triggered a highly inadvisable double-steal - ballgame. D'oh!
LOL!! I had the same thing happen to me! I also had this gem, 1 out runners on 1st and 3rd deep fly to left, I wanted the runner on third to tag and go, instead I had the guy on first standing on second and never tagged up and they turned the double play . I had to laugh when it happened, it's a good thing the controllers are expensive or I would have fired it across the room.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 03:22 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjp99
I hear you - had rallied furiously back from 5 runs down to close to within one run in the 9th...two outs, my hottest hitter up and runners at the corners with my top base stealer at first (he had already swiped two easily in the game). Decided to try to send him to possibly draw a bad throw or at least get both runners in scoring position so that a basehit would win the game and not just tie it.
Took a nice lead and bam! he was off like a shot and I'm thinking oh yeh! he's got it stolen easy so I lay off the pitch.
I know how to designate the runners when in motion, but before and during the pitch, how do i tell 1st to run but 3rd stay where u are ?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:29 AM   #7
MVP

CubFan23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwilko
I know how to designate the runners when in motion, but before and during the pitch, how do i tell 1st to run but 3rd stay where u are ?
yea, what he said.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I believe you are supposed to press the RS to the right (which should highlight the runner on first), and when you want him to go press triangle (which is for 2nd base) while still holding RS to the right...

Correct me if i´m wrong here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwilko

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »