Home

Madden Criticism - Explanation

This is a discussion on Madden Criticism - Explanation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-07-2009, 12:46 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 10
Madden Criticism - Explanation

After reading the post from Anim8tor and also hearing some thoughts from Ian, I really am seeing the disgust you guys have from some of these boards..And I want to be the first to say that I dont blame you..These people suck sometime..they really do..You probably feel like everytime you fix one thing..people either dont believe its really fixed or they want something else..right??

Well I'd like to give an explanation for that..the madden team has a tendacy to not exactly be dishonest..but not tell the whole truth..and even if theres a new madden team..you still become apart of that reputation...So although madden has been a absolute gimmick for years..I'd like to give you the reasons for all the criticism off madden 09 alone.....

TO SHOW..OR NOT TO SHOW??
- You showed us the beautiful sideline catches...but you didnt show us that you have to run that play 15 times just to get the receiver to actually attempt to catch the ball inbounds.

- You showed us the video of new ways to break a tackle(different animations)..You didnt tell us those were the only ways to break a tackle.

- You showed LT flipping into the endzone..You didnt show us that Orlando pace could do it too.

- You showed running backs tossing dbs out their way...You didnt show running backs tossing DT's out their way.

- You told us running backs would bounce off of their lineman..but in the game we never see that..I guess thats why you didnt show us huh?

- You showed us eye paint..you didnt show us that we couldnt use it...Ok that was minor but who cares.

There is plenty more I could add..but thats just an example of how the information you told us last year turned out to be...cough..cough..bull$8it..Yes..what you tell us is very convincing..but It was last year too..and come on guys..the screenshots do, and always have looked better than the gameplay..You have the best graphics! Duh! Please stop trying to fool us with that..

You want to do better..heres in idea...do less comparison videos with madden 09..and more comparisons with I dont know...an actual nfl game?? just a thought..

I still apologize because people get out of hand..and people will always want more than they can get..but there is no way you dont understand where we're coming from..You probably know some of the stuff your saying is garbage before you say it..No matter what you still have to sell the game right? Are you willing to be honest with us with the risk of selling less games? I doubt it.

Just had to get that out..thanks for listening..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 12:49 AM   #2
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Madden Criticism - Explanation

Prepare to get flamed.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 52

Could you play the other card and talk about the things that have been added to Madden over the past few years that you actually enjoyed? Or maybe something that you didn't expect that wasn't marketed or talked about that took you by surprise? Or is there nothing?

I don't care one way or the other - I've said from day one that I don't expect anything but basic respect from you guys...your concerns with the direction of the game or the addition of new features are 100% up to you obviously until you have it in your hands.

Last edited by Ian_Cummings; 05-07-2009 at 12:57 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:53 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
Prepare to get flamed.
the truth hurts sometime.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:54 AM   #5
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36

some good points are made, but this will get locked. I feel somewhat the same as you, however this new Madden team seems like they are the real deal and are actually listening to what we want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2009, 12:58 AM   #6
Pro

I didnt say there was nothing good..I dont pay $60 for something thats not good..Its just that every year im convinced that im paying $60 for something great and....nevermind why bother..

p.s. this post was not meant at all to bash the game..it was more for apologizing for myself and others..while also giving you an understanding why we say what we say..Giving you a list of good things about the game wouldnt really explain that very well..but I guess that wasnt too helpful.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #7
Pro

And just for the record..If I could pm it i would..I wasnt trying to make anybody look stupid..And if it helps anything Im very impressed with the game..just like i was last year.
Old 05-07-2009, 01:01 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
Could you play the other card and talk about the things that have been added to Madden over the past few years that you actually enjoyed? Or is there nothing?

I don't care one way or the other - I've said from day one that I don't expect anything but basic respect from you guys...your concerns with the direction of the game or the addition of new features are 100% up to you obviously until you have it in your hands.

Ian
My Motto its just a game period. I am looking forward to it, my wife bought me a PS3 for 46th birthday because no Madden for the PC....I love Madden 09 and Madden 05 on my PC. I like to goof off on my PC and PS3 and put the world away for a few hours.
Thanks for the hard work.

Mike

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »