Home

Ballin095's All-Star Sliders... Probably The Most Sim-Like Slider Set Available

This is a discussion on Ballin095's All-Star Sliders... Probably The Most Sim-Like Slider Set Available within the MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 05-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #1
Pro

ballin095's Arena

OVR: 5
Ballin095's All-Star Sliders... Probably The Most Realistic Slider Set Available

New Edit: Look below

Hello guys. Thanks for showing interest for using these sliders. I hate writing these introductions but here we go..

First before I display my set or multiple sets( which I'll explain later), I would like to say that these are probably the most realistic sliders that I feel that you can create in a game. Note though when I say realistic, i mean it. To make contact you really have to be on a pitch, and you really need to be able to know what to do in several different situations. And the one thing that I tried to emphasize is that everything that you do in the game feels as if YOU are in control of what happened. And I think this is the prime reason why so many people are frustrated in this game. When you pitch, you do everything put just the right amount of power in a pitch, hit the release point perfectly, yet this pitch is STILL down the center of the plate. With these sliders, that is eliminated.

Now, secondly, the thing I also emphasized in these sliders is hitting. First off, for my set, i have both user and cpu contact at 0. I know, I know, WTF?? Are You INSANE? No i'm not insane, let me explain. First let me talk about the human contact. Remember when I said I was trying to produce the most realistic cliders set? Well with human contact at 0, this is what you get. Everything is depended on what you do while at the plate. For example, if a pitch is low, and you aim the left stick up, the pitch is more than likely going to be either an out, foul, or swing through. Same with timing. If a pitch is up, and you aim up, but your timing is early/late or even sligtly early/late, the pitch is either going to be out, or foul. This really gives that next level of realism as you can't just magically it the ball when you aim at a completely different point. Now for the cpu. The contact is at 0 mainly for the same reason as the user. Except 1 thing. You know when you are in games where the cpu just hits a ball that is way off the plate and you're like "WTF!! How did they hit that?" well at 0, just like the human contact slider, the cpu has to be on a pith to hit it.

Last note before the actual set. Remember when I posted earlier "multiple sets"? well I understand that not everyone is at the same level of skill. So I have made 4 seperate sets. Easy(for your new/ not too skilled player that is trouble with the game), Normal(for your average skilled player), Hard( the default or sim-like slider set), and Very Hard ( for ONLY the best of the best players who need the hardest of hard to get any type of challenge from this game). And will be alligned so Easy/Normal/Hard/Very Hard. So without futher or do, here we go.

Note: I will write explanations for some of my changes.

Settings

Difficulty: All-Star
Pitching Interface: Meter
Guess Pitch: No Feedback
Batting View: Offset

*All slider settings start from 0, so 5 would mean 5 clicks to the right from the bar being empty.

Note: * Means Optional Setting

GLOBAL SLIDERS

Pitch speed:* 0/0/0/0
Fielding errors: 7/7/7/7
Throwing errors: 7/7/7/7
(I find a good balnce with these two sliders set the way they are)
Fielder run speed: 0/0/0/0
(Runners In this game run way too fast. Plus this allows for more hit variety)
Fielder reaction:5/5/5/5
This Slider Doen't need to be tickenered with)
Fielder arm strength:4/4/4/4
(Good at where they are)
Baserunner speed: 5/5/5/5
(Doen't need to be tinckered with)
Baserunner steal ability:4/4/4/4
(Perfect balance, altough I may change to 3)
Baserunner steal frequency: 5/5/5/5
(Good at where it's at)
Wind: 6/6/6/6
(Find it perfect at this setting)
Injury frequency: 5/5/5/5

USER SLIDERS

Power: 2/2/2/2
(I see the perfect amount of homeruns with these settings)
Timing: 6/3/0/0
(Really makes it so that ou need to read the pitch out of the pitcher's hand, and allows for much more deeper counts)
Fouls:10/10/10/10
(Allows for much deeper pitch counts)
Solid hits: 6/5/5/5
(This really shouldn't be bothered with being that it affect batting average)
Starter stamina: 5/5/5/5
Reliever stamina: 0/0/0/0
Pitcher control: 9/8/7/6
Pitcher consistency: 9/8/7/6
(These are probably the most important sliders. As discussed earler, with these setting where they are at, it really makes it so that the way you pitch is up to you. if you make a perfect pitch, just enough power, hitting the right realease point, the pitch is either going to go where you want, or around the area that you threw the pitch)

CPU SLIDERS

Power: 2/2/2/2
(Again perfect setting)
Timing: 0/0/0/4
(Read User setting)
Fouls: 10/10/10/10
(Read User setting)
Solid hits: 3/5/5/7
(Read User setting)
Starter stamina: 5/5/5/5
Reliever stamina: 0/0/0/0
Pitcher Control: 1/1/1/6
Pitcher consistency: 2/2/2/5
Strike Frequency: 0/0/0/0
(With These settings, you really get realistic pitch counts, and really makes the game much more realistic)

So that's all. Thanks for viewing, and please leave feedback.

All On Sport's Connect As Shaun's All-Star Sliders

*Edit: Changed pitch speed to 0. With my new setting at 0 and batting angle, offset, this allows you time to recognize and engage the pitch coming at you.

Last edited by ballin095; 05-24-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 02:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Ballin095's All-Star Sliders... Probably The Most Realistic Slider Set Available

These sound great, and thanks for explaining your reasoning behind them. I'll try these out today, more than likely on your "Easy" or "Medium" settings.

I wonder if these will cut down on those games that wind up something like 6-4, with 10+ hits a side?
Old 05-03-2009, 03:25 PM   #3
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Ballin095's All-Star Sliders... Probably The Most Sim-Like Slider Set Available

Sounds interesting Ballin. I may give these a shot and see how they work out.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 05-03-2009, 05:23 PM   #4
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

Re: Ballin095's All-Star Sliders... Probably The Most Sim-Like Slider Set Available

Wow these are really hard dude!! i thought I was halfways decent in this game.....lol. I keep striking out.
NY Yankees
4 Life.....
Old 05-03-2009, 05:48 PM   #5
Pro

ballin095's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Wow these are really hard dude!! i thought I was halfways decent in this game.....lol. I keep striking out.
LOL, i know. How do you strike out???
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2009, 05:51 PM   #6
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin095
LOL, i know. How do you strike out???
Overanxious...I swing way too much. Seems like I'm above or below everything. I'm gonna try em for a few games thoogh. I kinda like the fact that it comes down to what I do with controller at the plate.

One question...would you make any changes if your using classic pitching instead of meter?
NY Yankees
4 Life.....

Last edited by DiceMan; 05-03-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:04 PM   #7
Pro

ballin095's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceMan
Overanxious...I swing way too much. Seems like I'm above or below everything. I'm gonna try em for a few games thoogh. I kinda like the fact that it comes down to what I do with controller at the plate.

One question...would you make any changes if your using classic pitching instead of meter?
LOL, keep practicing man. If you're still having problems lower pitch speed until you feel comfortable enough hitting. As for classic, I would probably have both pitcher cons and control settings either at 5/5 or 6/6.

Also, which set are you using?, easy, normal, etc.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #8
NBA All Life Team

DiceMan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballin095
LOL, keep practicing man. If you're still having problems lower pitch speed until you feel comfortable enough hitting. As for classic, I would probably have both pitcher cons and control settings either at 5/5 or 6/6.

Also, which set are you using?, easy, normal, etc.
That's why I like this set so far, I have to actually think about what i'm doing. I just hit a 3 run HR with Damon so I did something right. I'm using your hard set as the way I read it this is your completely sim set correct?
NY Yankees
4 Life.....

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Sliders »