Home

Can this be done

This is a discussion on Can this be done within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-30-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Can this be done

So I am about 15 games into my Marlins franchise (I am using a d/led roster on found online) and I noticed that other teams rosters aren't exactly right. For instance AROD is playing (and tearing up AAA) I would like for him to be in the MLB....is there anyway I can tinker with other teams rosters?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Can this be done

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodsonNoles
So I am about 15 games into my Marlins franchise (I am using a d/led roster on found online) and I noticed that other teams rosters aren't exactly right. For instance AROD is playing (and tearing up AAA) I would like for him to be in the MLB....is there anyway I can tinker with other teams rosters?
Not at this point. Roster Control has to be chosen at the start of franchise.

I guess in theory, you could trade for him, bring him up to MLB, then trade him back for an MLB player...but I'm not sure if you can do it without the "Force Trade" option on, and I'm also not sure if you can change that option once you start.

The reason for A-Rod in the minors, BTW, is common amongst updates in these games for players currently on the DL.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM   #3
Rookie

Exactly
Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
Not at this point. Roster Control has to be chosen at the start of franchise.

I guess in theory, you could trade for him, bring him up to MLB, then trade him back for an MLB player...but I'm not sure if you can do it without the "Force Trade" option on, and I'm also not sure if you can change that option once you start.

The reason for A-Rod in the minors, BTW, is common amongst updates in these games for players currently on the DL.
yea I understand why he is in the minors. What was the option I should have chosen when I set up the franchise?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
yea I understand why he is in the minors. What was the option I should have chosen when I set up the franchise?
CPU Roster Control: On
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2009, 09:14 PM   #6
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

Quote:
Either CPU Roster Control "ON" or Force Trades "ON".

With Roster Control on, the upside is you can control EVERY aspect of the CPU's rosters (though there is a glitch with lineup fixes not sticking this year...there's a workaround for that too, though).

The downside is budgets are turned off, injuries are turned off, and trades don't happen. Plus, you essentially lose the "dynamic" feel of the franchise (which may or may not be important to you) since everything technically flows through you.

With Force Trades, the upside is it allows you to let the CPU keep control of it's teams without losing injuries and budgets and you can still set things right (in terms of trades/signings you find rediculous) by using your team as a filter of sorts for trades.

The downside is you have to deal with some of the goofier things they do in terms of lineups, management, etc.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM   #7
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Sounds like you don't have CPU RC on......
Here is what I do...I put Ransoms durability down to 0(noting his current durability.....) and when he gets injured,....A-Rod will get the call up. Then put Ransom back to what he was...when he is ready to be activated, he will go to AAA.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 04-30-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

lol...damn Knight...I completely forgot about that. Now I feel dumb(er)...thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »