Home

Changing ratings during franchise mode.

This is a discussion on Changing ratings during franchise mode. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-27-2009, 02:34 AM   #1
Banned

TooSmart's Arena

OVR: 5
Changing ratings during franchise mode.

ok, so i was playing MLB the show and there is a great feature in which you can edit players (including their ratings) during franchise play. obviously if you don't want to then you don't have to but i think that its a great way to keep your ratings updated even if you are a few years deep in the franchise. ea you should consider putting this in this year's madden
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #2
Rookie

JB0B0's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Changing ratings during franchise mode.

i guess if it was an option that you can turn on and off, i wouldnt mind...but i wouldnt ever use it in my franchise
Old 04-27-2009, 03:12 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

I have yet to find a scenario where giving the user more options rather than less is a bad thing, so I see no good reason not to allow this. If the option is there, players do not want to use it don't have to; however if it isn't included, those who wish to use it can't go back and add it in.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:19 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 13

I would absolutely love that.

Some people would use it to cheat. If those people want to ruin their game experience, so be it.

I would use it to make the game more realistic and chanllenging, especially if progression/regression arent working well. I still hope for a better progression system, but this is a pretty easy solution to that.

Dount it EVER happens though.
Old 04-27-2009, 03:29 AM   #5
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Yes, some would use it to cheat, but as long as it doesn't factor into competative human play, that's their problem.

Allowing editing during franchise is a very valuable tool, as it can cover up any shortcomings in progression, regression, rookie ratings, etc. Plus it would also allow guys to cover for those surprises (busts/gems) in real life that they want reflected in their own game.

I never understood why it wasn't in Madden (and a lot of sports games actually...heck in FIFA, you could barely edit ratings in the front end...lol) It should be (IMO) a standard in every sports game, simply because not one has gotten those aspects 100% correct.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »