Home

Old 04-26-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
Pro

kchuskey's Arena

OVR: 4
Stealing

Ok... The "stealing bases" needs serious work...What are everyones settings at? Or has anyone settled on a good baserunner speed and catcher throw out success yet? If so...Please post who's set you are using..Thanks...This is the only thing I haven't nailed down.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2009, 09:23 PM   #2
Rookie

ucat4's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Stealing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchuskey
Ok... The "stealing bases" needs serious work...What are everyones settings at? Or has anyone settled on a good baserunner speed and catcher throw out success yet? If so...Please post who's set you are using..Thanks...This is the only thing I haven't nailed down.

I have my baserunning speed set to 100 and still have problems stealing bases with Taveras (99 speed rating). I don't even attempt it anymore - unless I have a big lead (score-wise).

One factor you might want to try is to lower the pitch speed.
Old 04-30-2009, 05:16 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

It's a travesty that it's almost impossible to steal bases with base stealers in a damn baseball game.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

With base running speed at 100 the only way you are going to steal a base is if you get a 3 stride lead and the pitcher doesnt look you back and you get a perfectly timed jump on the pitcher. I mean the jump has to be PERFECT, if you are a tad late you are going to be nailed out.

Its way too hard.
Old 05-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
MVP

pokerplaya's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigL
With base running speed at 100 the only way you are going to steal a base is if you get a 3 stride lead and the pitcher doesnt look you back and you get a perfectly timed jump on the pitcher. I mean the jump has to be PERFECT, if you are a tad late you are going to be nailed out.

Its way too hard.
I steal bases on pro. Some pitchers are just too fast to the plate, and situationally you may be in a no-win situation.

There's a reason why steals have declined so dramatically in the past ten years or so. Pitchers have simply gotten harder to steal on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerplaya
Pitchers have simply gotten harder to steal on.
Or many teams are built around power and don't like to play small-ball.

Trade your old or unwanted games/movies...Ask me how it works!

Kane182's MLB2K10 custom Soundtracks
Old 05-04-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 7

I actually love how hard teh base stealing is now, they put a huge emphasis on getting a good jump, just like in real life if you get a bad jump you are not stealing the bag unless its a poor throw. Ive been getting better at getting good jumps lately and ive started to steal bases.

I thought base stealing was broke, but its actually pretty darn realistic how hard it is.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:46 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

i really haven't had a problem w/ stealing, but like BigL said, u have 2 get a 3 stride lead off the bases. i've stolen 7 out of 9 bases w/ Brian Roberts, so i'm seeing a pretty good success rate wtih him. i've even stole 3rd twice w/ my created player (myself) who has probably a 92-95 speed rate. it also depends on what pitch is being thrown to the plate. you're more likely to be thrown out on a fastball than a curveball thrown to the plate. if you get your 3 step lead off the bag & hit the "Y" & then up on "LS" stick, then your runner will take off on 1st motion by himself. i'm stealing bases so frequent that my singles are like doubles w/ certain players b/c i'm stealing when i get the chance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »