Home

The Keeper from Karelia: An NHL 09 Goaltender BAP Story

This is a discussion on The Keeper from Karelia: An NHL 09 Goaltender BAP Story within the Hockey Dynasties forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
View Poll Results: Should I write a dynasty as a minor project?
Yes, make a dynasty, but don't forget Mikko 12 42.86%
No, you're too dumb. Meeks ftw. 16 57.14%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 31
The Keeper from Karelia: An NHL 09 Goaltender BAP Story

Hey all! I know that i've tried unsuccessfully to make a couple of BAP's, but now that i've got a lot more spare time on my hands, I think this one might go a little better.

PS: Sorry, Bolts_26, to be stealing your thunder. It's just that being a goalie and all, there's no other position that can satisfy me as much. Still friends???

Mikko Lehtinen took off his mask and wiped the sweat from his brow. He was tired, and what goalie wouldn't be? This game, already the longest Finnish Secondary School ice hockey history in the 7th overtime, had let him see a whopping 74 shots, and so far, he had stopped all of them. This game, was, after all, the championship for the Finnish Secondary School ice hockey league, and being heralded as the next Kipper, Mikko wasn't about to let down.

The faceoff was to take place to his right, after one of his own defensemen had inadvertently flipped the puck over the glass and out of the play. Taking one last sip of water, Mikko donned his mask, which looked as if it was made of pure gold, replaced his gloves on his massive hands, and got back in position, taking a high five from one of his teammates before everyone got in position.

“Teemu, move over, I can't see,” Mikko said to his left winger, who was unknowingly screening him. The forward responded, and moved more towards the hashmarks, leaving Mikko a clear view of the puck being dropped.

The opposing center won the draw, and immediately dropped the puck back to his defenseman. The defenseman wound up to take a shot, and shoot he did, a 97 MPH blazer. But Mikko was too fast for him, as he showily reached out his glove and flourished it as he made the easy glove save. The crowd roared, and Mikko smiled as he could hear the girls from his school chant his name.

Bouncing the puck in his glove, he gave the puck to ref, and got set up once more, for yet another faceoff to his right.

This time, however, there was no stopping his team, as his center managed to win the faceoff to the right winger. The right winger sped up the boards, a 5'8” dangler who had serious speed and a great shot. Just as a defender managed to crush him with a body check, the speedster passed it across the ice, to the center, who carried the puck across the blueline. He wound up for a slapshot, which got the last defenseman left to bite. The defenseman hurled himself at the 6'1” center, and the center retracted his slapshot, and easily spun around the lunging defender. It was just the center, and the opposing goalie, who had only faced a meagre 34 shots over 10 periods. Mikko was envious of him before this play, but as he watched the play alone from his side of the ice, he knew that the center was going to score.

And score he did, pulling off a beautiful snap shot that hit the top shelf, glove side. Mikko tore his helmet and gloves off, sprinting down the ice as fast as he could. The pileup in the offensive zone had already begun, and Mikko was about to crush them all with his giant 6'4”, 235 lbs frame. Add to that gigantic body the amazing equipment, and every player that was leaned up against the boards groaned and cringed as Mikko's giant figure hurled against them like a slapshot.

They were all laughing. Some were crying, as this would be their last time playing, and others looked on in what was a mix of confusion and dissapointment, because these men did not know what the future held in store for them, and whether or not hockey would be a part of it. However, Mikko just smiled, laughed, and patted his friends on the back, hugging where ever it was necessary, or where ever it was wanted, because on this day, nothing could stop Mikko Lehtinen, the Karelian Keeper, the greatest goalie in the history of hockey.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
MVP

derrickthomas58's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: The Keeper from Karelia: An NHL 09 Goaltender BAP Story

Bolts is cool, I'm sure he won't mind. Besides, it will be another nice break from the 15,000 snipers on this site.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:52 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrickthomas58
Bolts is cool, I'm sure he won't mind. Besides, it will be another nice break from the 15,000 snipers on this site.
well i guess that's true, bolts is the ****. either way, though, i put that in there just to be sure.

also, wait until you see what team i end up going with, i'm playing the first game right now!!!
Old 04-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #4
MVP

derrickthomas58's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinderhizzle84
well i guess that's true, bolts is the ****. either way, though, i put that in there just to be sure.

also, wait until you see what team i end up going with, i'm playing the first game right now!!!
I can't wait man, good luck with it!
Old 04-26-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Banned

14 dreary hours went by, and Mikko soon found himself walking out of the gate and making his first step onto American soil. Here he was, in one of the most famous airports in the world: JFK International, in the heart of New York. As soon as Mikko had graduated, he had decided to hire an American agent in the hopes of making to the ECHL, or if he was lucky, the AHL.

Mikko stepped out of the landing and heard a loud, “tervehdys, Mikko!”

He looked beyond the mass of people and saw a man in an all white suit that would have stood out anywhere. His agent, Tommy Groven, wore large sunglasses, although the weather in New York was overcast. From behind Tommy, a gorgeous, tall and skinny pale blonde with striking blue eyes stepped into view.

“Mikko, meet Aina Kokko, your new translator for the time being.” We briefly shook hands, but Mikko couldn't let go of her gaze—she was the most beautiful thing Mikko had ever seen, and he knew right away that this would become more than a business relationship—at least to him.

Tommy spoke very little Finnish, so on the way to the lobby, they both spoke through Aina.

“Listen, Mikko. This is New York—this is the greatest city in all the world, and even if you aren't going to be playing for the Rangers, you've got to make sure that you uphold that great Finnish smile of yours, and always be courteous and respectful to New York and her people.”

“I understand, Tom. But I'm curious, have you found any teams that are interested in me?”

“Well, kid, there's actually a whole bunch.”

“Really? Like who, the Charlotte Checkers?”

Tommy laughed, and said, “The ECHL? Do you honestly think that you'd be my client if I expected you to end up in the lousy old ECHL?”

Mikko furled his brow, and said, “The Toronto Marlies?”

This time, Tommy frowned, and said, “No, dolt. Again, if you have such low expectations of yourself, how do you expect to get into the NHL?”

Mikko stopped dead in his tracks. Then he began to laugh. He laughed, cackled, and hooted, and the entire airport was staring at him, and security was eyeing him nervously. But Mikko didn't care. The whole thing was absolutely absurd! Mikko already could envision himself, singing the American national anthem, in maybe a Red Wings uniform, looking all serious, letting in 8 goals in the first period. It was too much!

Tommy came up close to him and said, “Listen, Mikko. I've seen your stuff. I've been to your games. I know they say that hockey is the most competitive sport out there to become a professional, but I've been through this all. You've got the stuff, kid, you've got the talent. All you need is an optimistic attitude and somebody to market your face. That's where I'm coming in. I can get you into the NHL, but after that, the rest of the work is up to you. Don't expect it to be some joyride, you're going to have to work your *** off, but rest assured, your natural talent, and your lightning quick reflexes will land you a spot in the NHL. But whether you're some lowly backup, or make the highlight reel every night, is up to you.”

Mikko sobered up. He had never been complimented so thoroughly before, and the man spoke an eloquent and coherent argument.

“So,” Tommy continued, this time in Finnish, “what do you say?” He extended his arm out in a handly gesture.

Mikko eyed him once more, aware that his future was about to change, and shook his hand.

“I hope you've been practicing that smile,” Tommy said. “There's a couple of guys from the NHL Network that want to take you down to their studio to do some interview of sorts.”

Mikko gulped nervously, then jokingly took his time fixing his hair, wiping away some sleep from his eyes, and pretending to look into a mirror. Finally, he fixed Tommy the best smile he had, and Tommy exclaimed in delight, and clasped him on the back.

And with that, Mikko Lehtinen was on the first part of his journey to the NHL, and possibly beyond.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 02:50 PM   #6
MVP

GoldenJet's Arena

OVR: 35

Nice job man, I liked those updates. Can't wait for more.

1000 posts achieved on December 21st,2008 at 2:26 p.m in the "birth of the Mighty Blazers" thread.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:12 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 44

Nice Hizz you gunna do videos and pictures for games? and man in my cap dynasty your a brilliant 95 overall goalie.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:55 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by star king3
Nice Hizz you gunna do videos and pictures for games? and man in my cap dynasty your a brilliant 95 overall goalie.

yeah, i know, i've been following the spartans.

also, i have live, so i could do videos and pictures, but i'm not sure if i'm going to want to take the time to edit a highlight reel for each game, or week, or whatever. i *could* use my webcam, but i don't think that it will turn out that well.

if i did it through easportsworld.com, would i be able to download my clips, and edit them in a program like windows movie maker, or imovie, into one long highlight reel??

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Hockey Dynasties »