Home

OS Official UFC Undisputed Strategy and Help Thread

This is a discussion on OS Official UFC Undisputed Strategy and Help Thread within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-25-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 14
OS Official UFC Undisputed Strategy and Help Thread

Hopefully this thread will be as helpful as other game help threads.

This may be Extremely difficult due to the insane depth of this game, but we as a community should look to gather and share as much information as possible in order to understand and perform better in this game. I will do my best to keep this post updated with the latest info given by those who care to provide strategy, tips, and help answer questions.

Ground Game Breakdown- From IGN
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/968/968388p1.html

"The ground game can be thought of as a pyramid, ordered in terms of the offensive fighter's advantage. At the bottom of the pyramid you have the Open Guards, in which the offensive fighter only has a marginal level of advantage over the defender. Of all the ground Positions, the offensive fighter does the least amount of damage from here. As the offensive fighter moves up the pyramid by performing Transitions, he gains more powerful strikes and Submissions, ultimately ending up in Mount Up, the most advantaged of all ground Positions. From here, victory for the offensive fighter is almost assured, and the defensive fighter is virtually powerless to fight back. To survive, defensive fighters much attempt to perform Transitions of their own, which can help him move further down the pyramid, return him to standing, or even reverse situations and put him in the offensive Position."

Again, if anyone wants to provide anything to this thread your contributions will be greatly appreciated.

* I want to start a clan/gym/dojo kind of thing going and get a group of guys together who will want to get on xbox live and just practice and go over strategy while playing actual matches. If you're interested PM me. *
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 03:33 AM   #2
Most Valuable Pepe

baumy300's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: OS Official UFC Undisputed Strategy and Help Thread

Great thread idea man!

I know I have a ton of little questions about this game, especially regarding the ground game.

Can't wait until I get the full copy so I can get into it more!
It makes me sad
I post the frog
Old 04-26-2009, 09:13 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 7

I am utterly inept so far at the ground game LOL!! I need to run the tutorial again a few times, so i can memorize the controls.

good thread, hopefully some ground guru's can chime in with a few tips (phobia).
Old 04-26-2009, 09:25 AM   #4
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by damien6663
I am utterly inept so far at the ground game LOL!! I need to run the tutorial again a few times, so i can memorize the controls.

good thread, hopefully some ground guru's can chime in with a few tips (phobia).
1 major thing you can do is from dominant positions on the ground, don't go balls out for the GNP (ground and pound) finish. Hit a shot or 2, then hold the transition block. Here is why, from a defensive position, strikes score nothing. there is no risk of being KO'd, there is nothing behind them. Their only offensive moves from these postions are transition or submission. And they really can only submit from guard, so the more dominant postion you have you limit their offense to simply transition. After you sucessfully block a transition, you sholud be able to immediately, land a couple shots, or advance postion. If you are patient, 1 your opponent will wear themselves out, and 2 the offensive opportuntities will present themselves. Hell I can dominate Chuck with Shogun, on expert if I get the fight to the ground and hold dominant position with this strategy. Patience is a virtue my friends. avoid the urge to button mash.

Edit: I am also down for just practicing with people, sharing strategies and what not

Last edited by ManiacMatt1782; 04-26-2009 at 09:35 AM. Reason: added something
Old 04-26-2009, 10:03 AM   #5
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Wow, so I see what the point of Rua's LB + RS away "butt scoot" is:

Also, from which position(s) can you trigger the flying armbar? Haven't seen that one yet in my games.

Last edited by Stumbleweed; 04-26-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 7

Id really like to get online and just exchange tips and fool around with moves when it comes out, so im down for that.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:19 AM   #7
All Star

mikenoob's Arena

OVR: 21

How do you get into the rubber guard? I have yet to get into that, but have been to every other position.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Hold LB and do the motion for minor transition from your guard (on your back with legs locked around Chuck) and it'll go into Rubber Guard. From there, there is another signature transition available to get into side back control (and another from there that gets you side control).

Pause the game when you have Chuck in your guard and look at the actions list -- when you make a transition and are not sure what to do, the moves list will show for whichever position you're in automatically. I'm not 100% on all the positions, but that helped me get familiar with all of them because it would tell me which position is which based on when I pause.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »