Home

Tips on Offensive Rebounding

This is a discussion on Tips on Offensive Rebounding within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-24-2009, 05:40 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Tips on Offensive Rebounding

Does anyone have any tips on Offensive Rebounding?

I don't know if i'm just poor at it or if its a problem within the game.

I only average round 5 a game and the league average is between 10 and 12.

Appreciate any feedback.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 16
Re: Tips on Offensive Rebounding

are you shooting a high fg%??
Old 04-24-2009, 06:05 PM   #3
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

When a shot goes up, use defensive icon switch with the RB button + icon to the player nearest to the opposing teams best rebounder. This can be tough to do since it requires good stick skills so it will take some practice to perfect. After switching to that player on defense, use LT to box him out or pust L stick towards him shielding him from the basket. Having done that, your CPU controlled defenders will grab the offensive board for you easily. Don't try to go for the offensive board simply by attempting to secure the ball with your PF or C unless its an uncontested rebound. Instead, give your PF and C help by boxing out the opponents best rebounders.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:18 PM   #4
Banned

Cheers Amedawg00, i always forget to box out and just seem to try and grab the board, and find most of the time i jump too early. I suppose i'll have to try and get used to boxing out rather than just trying to jump straight for the ball. I shoot a league average of mid 40% with my FG., usually higher at home and less away.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 26

a ver simple and very effective way to increase your teams off rebs is to go to your teams:
coach profiles.
and raise "crash boards" to 70+.
and you will notice an immediate increase in off reb aggressiveness/production for your team.
the ying to that yang however is that your team will become more vulnerable to fast breaks and transition offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
Banned

cheers nogster, i have tried this before and put crash boards to 100 and noticed i pulled down at least 12 off boards a game, but i'm crap at defending the fast break, but after watching Zihin's tips videos i feel a lot more confident at defending 1 0n 1 on the fast break.
Old 04-27-2009, 05:09 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nogster
a ver simple and very effective way to increase your teams off rebs is to go to your teams:
coach profiles.
and raise "crash boards" to 70+.
and you will notice an immediate increase in off reb aggressiveness/production for your team.
the ying to that yang however is that your team will become more vulnerable to fast breaks and transition offense.
Nogster...

Pick you poison. Good stuff. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Loosely related, it really bums me out when I have control of a power player (like Jason Maxiell or Chris Andersen) with a clear path to the basket and the ball caroming in my direction only to have Turbo+Jump yield a power one-handed tip-in, often from above the rim. I would think this would be the perfect opportunity for a tip-dunk. I have executed but one tip-dunk this season (with Pau Gasol) and had one put down on me. So, clearly, I'd love if tip-dunks could make an appearance in NBA 2K10.

One of my favorite tip-dunks at the moment appears at the 35 second mark of this clip. I feel it's within the realm of possibility for a video game to implement authoratative tip-slams and the riotous response they receive from home crowds, particularly home playoff crowds.

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-04-2009 at 12:34 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »