Home

MLB09 Questions From a non-PS3 owner

This is a discussion on MLB09 Questions From a non-PS3 owner within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-24-2009, 04:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 18
MLB09 Questions From a non-PS3 owner

Hi,

Im very close to dropping the Sony ransom and pickup a PS3 and MLB 09 The Show. Seems like a lot of money to spend for just one game, but from what ive seen and read about it - it could be worth it. I have a few questions to you - the community - about some of the features in the game.

1) In franchise mode is there a ticker that shows out of town scores and/or highlights of other "live" games taking place in your season?

2) Any post game highlights or shows that show whats happening around the league?

3) Does the commentary talk about season progression and things that are happening around the league?

3) Is this game worth $400?

many thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: MLB09 Questions From a non-PS3 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnprestonevans
Hi,

Im very close to dropping the Sony ransom and pickup a PS3 and MLB 09 The Show. Seems like a lot of money to spend for just one game, but from what ive seen and read about it - it could be worth it. I have a few questions to you - the community - about some of the features in the game.

1) In franchise mode is there a ticker that shows out of town scores and/or highlights of other "live" games taking place in your season?

2) Any post game highlights or shows that show whats happening around the league?

3) Does the commentary talk about season progression and things that are happening around the league?

many thanks.
If you have $400, it's worth it. If that $400 is going to make it tight for you financially... the game is also for PSP and PS2. PS2 has been lowered to $99, and you can get the show for $30. If you don't have an HDTV anyway, the graphic differences won't be a huge deal

I have it for PSP as well as PS3 and love it just as much, if not more.. I've probably logged more hours on it. So this is an option if you don't wanna spend the moeny for the PS3.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Hi,

many thanks.
1) Yes the scoreboards in the outfield reflect the real out of town scores.

2) No, but it shows replays of the key plays.

3) The commentary was talking about how my players were doing so far and what they had done in the series.

4) Yes. I paid the ransom 2 weeks ago. Gamestop gives a $50 card with purchase so you can turn right around and but the Show with it. Its like getting the game for free.

Plays an awesome game of baseball.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:12 PM   #4
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I sold my 360 just to get this game, and I love it. Best sports game on next gen.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:23 PM   #5
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Best sports game period, in my opinion. Has a few issues that you should research on the forums. But I am very happy with my decision to get this game.

So far 14-13 with the Ray's and loving every minute of it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 05:36 PM   #6
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Hi,

many thanks.
Just to be a little more specific....

1) There is no ticker that shows other game results, but you can see current results on the scoreboard in all stadiums.

2) There is a postgame highlight reel that is very good, but the game does not contain any sort of "around the league" highlight package. This is one feature I would love to see in the game, by the way. Would be very cool to have an old-school "This Week in Baseball" type program of actual highlights from other games. Maybe next year.

3) The commentary does talk about YOUR season, but not about other teams (if so, I haven't seen it). One example is an ingame graphic that shows your starting pitcher's record during the past month (and announcers will comment on it).

4) If you love playing baseball and don't already have a Blu Ray player, it's definitely worth it. I purchased my PS3 specificially for The Show this year, and I don't regret a thing.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:00 PM   #7
Rookie

redman1's Arena

OVR: 3

I am aussie and never watched a full game of baseball in my life. But since getting this game my life has been dominated by playing this game. It is AWESOME!

I have had 4 days in a row of 12hr sessions playing this game.(very unhappy misses) and i have only played RTTS mode as the whole trading thing scares me atm...

So i would say if your a fan of baseball then this game is worth $400 easierly!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »