Home

LETS EVEN OUT THE ODDS (MLB SHOW 09)

This is a discussion on LETS EVEN OUT THE ODDS (MLB SHOW 09) within the Dynasty HQ forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-23-2009, 07:33 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
LETS EVEN OUT THE ODDS (MLB SHOW 09)

Well my little brother deleted my season with the Reds, kind of upset but hey what you goin to do??? So I decided to do a franchise fantasy draft since I enjoy doin that on Madden. I will be using the Texas Rangers due to there sweet @$$ jerseys & starting on the normal sliders; will adjust as I go. I will be drafting my MLB & AAA team only using the latest online roster. Oh and to make things really interesting I will take 1 person from each MLB team so I not over loaded on 1 team (aka Bo Sox & Reds)
Baseball Today Special
Karl Ravech-- Hello everyone and welcome to Baseball Today. Most of you are probably turning on lookin for PTI, well that can be seen on ESPN2, for the rest of you we will update you on the breaking news this morning. We bring in MLB annalyst Petter Gammons for the latest. Alright Peter what exactly happened today?
Peter Gammons- After long discussions and debating over this weekend the owners voted along with Commissioner Selig 21-10 to starting the league over.
KR-- What exactly do you mean start over?
PG-- 2 weeks from now a 100 man draft will take place. Every player in the league is draftable and the order will be decided at random. The draft will be a snake draft unlike the rookie draft.
KR-- How did this end up happening?
PG-- Bud Selig brought up the idea after watching the overstacking of the New York teams this offseason. He is stated to believe that the draft can help bring in new fans while bringing excitement to the old fans. Franchise are about to change completly an everyone is going to be on even playing field. If you fail you have no one to blame but yourself.
KR-- Wow this is defently a ground breaking move in MLB history. Thanks for joinin us Peter. We will be right back after the messages with opinions from Bud Selig, MLB players, & even a few GMs please stay tuned.

Last edited by northcuttjo; 04-23-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: LETS EVEN OUT THE ODDS (MLB SHOW 09)

STARTING PITCHERS

RELIEF PITCHERSCATCHERSINFIELDERSOUTFILEDERS
Tim LinceCumb RJoba Chamberlin RPablo Sandoval SCIF Mark Reynolds RRyan Church L
Felix Hernandez LJoel Zumaya RRonny Paulino RUT Dmitri Young SCarlos Gonzalez L
David Price LMatt Lindstrom RJarod Saltalamcchia SUT Rob Quinlan RGary Matthews Jr S
Aaron Harang RBrandon Morrow RCurtis ThigPen R1B/RF Micah HoffpauirCameron Maybin R
Clayton Kershaw LJP Howell LUT Mark DeRosa RDaniel Murphy L
Tyler Clippard RChris Ray RUT Jason Bourgeois RTravis Snider L
Carl Pavano RTim Wakefield RUT Aaron Boone RScott Podsednik L
Ian Kennedy REric Gagne RIF Wilson Betemit SBrandon Moss L
Homer Bailey RKeith Foulke RCIF Kevin Kouzmanoff RChris Denorfia R
Sean Henn LTom Glavine LCIF Ian Stewart L
Mark Mulder LJimmy Gobble L3B Dallas McPherson L
Randy Flores LMIF Blake DeWitt L
Jake Woods LSS Reid Brignac L
Old 04-24-2009, 01:25 PM   #3
Rookie

BASEBALL TONIGHT RANGERS PREVIEW 09
Karl Ravech (KR)-- Well the draft was completed yesterday and spring training is set to kick off in alittle over a week, so for the next 15 days we are going to preview this years season for 2 teams a day. Today we will be starting off with the Texas Rangers and later on will be the Houston Astros. To talk about the Texas Rangers draft we bring in the new GM Josh Northcutt.
Thanks for giving us the first sit down interview Josh.
JOSH NORTHCUTT (JN)-- No problem at all glad to be on the show.
KR-- Well lets start off with your pitching staff. You wasted no time filling out your rotation making your 8 out of your first 10 picks pitchers.
JN-- Well Karl I am a strong believer in pitching wins championships; so we were determined to make the best staff top to bottom from our ace to our closer. Which I believe we did. I mean any one of our starting 5 could be the number 2 if not an ace of someone elses staff; then throw in maybe the 3 hardest throwers in baseball w/ Joba, Lindstrom, & Zumaya we goin to close games.
KR-- Well when mentioning your bullpen you failed to mention Brandon Morrow. What exactly is your plans for him.
JN-- He is goin to be a key role in our pen also and is competing for the closing job vs the 3 men I mentioned earlier.
KR-- Okay well what about the rest of your pen; because it seems like you may have to many arms. Would you maybe be lookin to trade 1 or 2 to get a bat?
JN-- Well Karl I honestly believe you can never have to many arms; but a trade is defently a possibility. Our line up defently doesnt have the power I would like but I beileve we have enough players to put up some runs the way it is post to be done. By getting them on, getting them over, & getting them in.
KR-- Now as for your line up is there any sure starters because to many scouts and other GMs it looks like 1 big competion field full of role players.
JN-- Our rotation is full of the big names but our line up not so much but I like it that way. We do have a lot of role players who can play differnt positons but I dont see that as a bad thing. No one is guaranteed a spot in that line up though every single player will be in competion this spring.
KR-- Well thanks for joining us Josh and we hope to have you back sometime.
JN-- No problem Karl but can I add something?
KR-- Go right ahead.
JN-- I am going to predict that we win the AL West this year and 1 of our starters will win the Cy Young award. Hope to join you guess again and thanks for letting me on Karl.
KR-- Wow that is defently a bold statement from Josh and we will have to see if it comes true this year. Please stay tuned because when we get back we will be sitting down with Houston Astros Cecil Cooper.
Old 04-25-2009, 12:41 PM   #4
Rookie

MLB
SPRPCIFOF
Tim LinceCumbCP- Matt LindstromJarod Saltalamcchia 1B- Kevin KouzmanoffLF- Chris Denorfia
Felix HernandezSU- Joel ZumayaPablo Sandoval2B- Mark DeRosaCF- Cameron Maybin
Aaron HarangSU-Brandon Morrow3B- Ian StewartRF- Ryan Church
David PriceMR- Jimmy GobbleSS- Blake DeWittTravis Snider
Clayton KershawMR- Chris RayDmitri YoungGary Matthews Jr
LR- JP HowellWilson Betemit
Joba Chamberlin
AAA
SPRPCIFOF
Tom GlavineCP- Eric GagneRonny Paulino1B- Mark ReynoldsLF- Daniel Murphy
Homer BaileySU- Keith FoulkeCurtis Thigpen2B- Jason BourgeoisCF- Carlos Gonzalez
Mark MulderMR- Jake Woods3B- Dallas McPhersonRF-Brandon Moss
Ian KennedyMR- Randy FloresSS- Reid BrignacScott Podsednik
Tyler ClippardLR- Tim WakefieldRobb Quinlan
LR- Carl PavanoAaron Boone
LR- Sean HennMichah Hoffpauir

« Operation Sports Forums > Dynasty Headquarters > Dynasty HQ »