Home

Fielding errors in PS2 version? Where are they?

This is a discussion on Fielding errors in PS2 version? Where are they? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-23-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Fielding errors in PS2 version? Where are they?

Has anyone seen any user fielding errors in the PS2 version? So far I have played 20 games and have had 4 errors (all overthrows to 1st base). I have yet to see a bobbled ball in the infield or a dropped ball in the outfield. The CPU has made quite a few fielding errors, but I have seen no user errors yet. I hope this isn't another game glitch like last year. Has anyone seen user fielding errors apart from overthrows?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Fielding errors in PS2 version? Where are they?

It's not a glitch. There are errors. The issue is the developers didn't program a high enough percentage of errors, same as last year and in previous versions of the game. Plus the vast majority are throwing errors -- I personally haven't seen a groundball error since MLB 06. This is why we need sliders and player ratings that work. I hate having to rely on game developers deciding how many errors and whatnot I should be seeing in my games. I want to decide what the right % of errors should be.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

PS3 version - You'll see *some* fielding errors, but they're really rare. Every once in a while, you'll see a bobbled ball by a fielder that results in a hit. Even more rare, you'll see the odd ball go right between an infielders legs (e.g. under his glove). And ONCE in bazillion games, I've seen an OF actually drop an easy ball (though they do very occasionally drop the ball on a diving attempt or lunge/shoestring catch attempt).

But basically, user errors are still too low (maybe half the errors the CPU makes at best), and they're almost always overthrows to first base.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:56 PM   #4
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

I use auto fielding and see a realisitc ammount and variety of errors for both the human and CPU...

I realise a lot of folks probably prefer to field, but perhaps assisted as opposed to manual fielding might be a compromise...?
Old 04-23-2009, 01:20 PM   #5
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Like the OP, I havent made a fielding error yet either...only throwing errors. The Show has to be one of the worse baseball games that I have played when it comes to errors and error variety.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 02:01 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 6

I play with the PS2 and have had Cust drop two easy fly balls in about 20 games. I also dropped a pop up to Crosby at third for an error. I know they are rare, but I prefer to have less errors sometimes than stupid outfield error calls you would see in MVP05 that were not errors at all. What I do hate is the absurd amount of passed balls by the catcher in this game. At least three per team per game.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:13 PM   #7
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by cienfuegos
I play with the PS2 and have had Cust drop two easy fly balls in about 20 games. I also dropped a pop up to Crosby at third for an error. I know they are rare, but I prefer to have less errors sometimes than stupid outfield error calls you would see in MVP05 that were not errors at all. What I do hate is the absurd amount of passed balls by the catcher in this game. At least three per team per game.
I'm just curious...what level are you playing on?
Old 04-23-2009, 04:44 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by harvey88
Has anyone seen any user fielding errors in the PS2 version? So far I have played 20 games and have had 4 errors (all overthrows to 1st base). I have yet to see a bobbled ball in the infield or a dropped ball in the outfield. The CPU has made quite a few fielding errors, but I have seen no user errors yet. I hope this isn't another game glitch like last year. Has anyone seen user fielding errors apart from overthrows?
To be honest, I don't think 4 errors in 20 games it that outrageous. I just checked at mlb.com and through 14 games, the Philadelphia Phillies have 3 errors and the KC Royals have 4. So doesn't sound like a glitch or something really wrong to me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »