Home

Wand vs. Franklin

This is a discussion on Wand vs. Franklin within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-20-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 23
Wand vs. Franklin

Most of the people over at Sherdog seem to think Franklin is going to finish Wand with a KO or TKO. I don't see this happening at all. Wand has been KO'd by studs and Franklin doesn't have KO power.

I think it's the other way around. Franklin has the weak chin and Wand has the KO power.

I think Wand takes this by brutal KO.You?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2009, 08:49 PM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Wand vs. Franklin

That's a pretty sweet matchup. I don't really think it's fair to say that Franklin has a weak chin. This is pretty much a pick em to me, but I'd probably roll with Rich to take it.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

After thinking for a big, I think Franklin probably does have the advantage. Really other than Anderson, which I got to see live the second time, who else has stopped Franklin. Hendo didn't finish him, and without looking I think Machida was his only other lose, never seen that fight, but I didn't think he was KO'd. I know the clinch may be Franklin's weakness, and Vandy has a good clinch game, but I don't think it will cause the issues that Anderson persents from the clinch. Franklin's game is based on perfect attack angles. Where I can see Vandy getting in trouble is because his brawling style may get him caught by Franklin's ability to take advantge of angles.

I think Vandy needs to test Rich in the clinch early and attack with knees. I see some of the fighters coming from Japan having issues in the UFC and think some of the reason is in Japan they were not testing for the Juice. Look at Vandy when he was dominate, he was a monster. Then he comes to the States for Pride 33 and gets KTFO by Hendo. Anyways I like Rich and Vandy...... all I can say is this should be a very good and interesting fight. I think I will actually be pulling for Vandy in this fight. Rich used to be a favorite of mine, but I really dislike some of his trainning partners and am not as supportive of him as I was in the past.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11
Old 04-23-2009, 03:46 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 29

Honestly - as great as Silva was in Pride - he's done. Aside from the Jardine fight, he hasn't won a fight in 2 1/2 years. Like Liddell, he needs to step down and accept that he's no longer a relevant fighter capable of doing what he used to do.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Wand by rape choke.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 18

Ace by *** kicking!
Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #7
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I'll have to go with Franklin just with what I've personally seen. I know Silva has a great history and was amazing in Pride, I just haven't seen any of that myself. I've seen him beat Jardine and that's not that awesome an achievement. Everything else has been a kinda slower guy getting knocked around by everyone.

Silva really needs to impress in this fight or else people will think he's lost it ala Chuck.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceDiggla
and Franklin doesn't have KO power.
I take it you didn't see the Franklin/Quarry fight? Franklin is definitely capable of knocking people out, he is just a very strategic guy. He never gets in a hurry, and that will benefit him greatly against Wandy. I just wish Rich would show the world his ground skills because he has them. He just likes to stand up with guys, and that was his major downfall against Anderson Silva.

I'm looking forward to this fight more than any other right now, and it could honestly go either way. That being said, the guy above was right about Silva being done. I think Franklin outpoints him and wins a decision. He might get the TKO, but the decision is more likely.

On a side note, Machida finished Franklin by TKO. It was pretty brutal, but that was many years ago.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »