Home

Please Put Chien-Ming Wang on the D.L.!!!

This is a discussion on Please Put Chien-Ming Wang on the D.L.!!! within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-18-2009, 10:17 PM   #1
Rookie

psalm116's Arena

OVR: 5
Please Put Chien-Ming Wang on the D.L.!!!

Please for god sake, put Wang on the D.L. call up Phil Hughes and put Joba back in the Bullpen!

It's not ROCKET SCIENCE!

Sony, please make a patch for the game so wang can pitch his sinker (ha,ha)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 10:54 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Please Put Chien-Ming Wang on the D.L.!!!

Gotta wonder how long they are going to deal with him. I am a Yankee/met fan and really feel bad for him as its a mental thing...he was fine in spring training. His poor era must be around 99.00. That being said, its sad to see a once very good pitcher just mentally lose it. I have a bad feeling he may not get over this.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:00 PM   #3
Banned

~Guru~'s Arena

OVR: 16

good way to clog up the forum with nonsense that has nothing to do with the game...

how about you go waste peoples time in the mlb forum
Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by viking12344
Gotta wonder how long they are going to deal with him. I am a Yankee/met fan and really feel bad for him as its a mental thing...he was fine in spring training. His poor era must be around 99.00. That being said, its sad to see a once very good pitcher just mentally lose it. I have a bad feeling he may not get over this.
lol...a Yankee AND Met fan...don't come across that too often.

And for Wang it might only get worse, pitching in the new Yankee Stadium:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4080195

Though if he were to ever figure things out, his sinker might just be what the Yanks need in conditions like that...lol.

I do agree with the OP's comment about Joba though. My buddy (a Yankee diehard) and I have both been screaming for him to go back to the pen since he left.

I understand the argument for him starting, and it makes sense, but I'd rather have a guy dominate for an inning or two (going all out like Joba can) for 70+ games rather than temper things in order to last as a starter for 30+ games. Some guys seem built for the bullpen and Joba seems like one of them. It was a happy day for me when the Sox realized that with Paplebon.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #5
Rookie

psalm116's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Guru~
good way to clog up the forum with nonsense that has nothing to do with the game...

how about you go waste peoples time in the mlb forum
Hey Guru,

If you want to complain, how 'bout Citifield, sight lines terrible in some sections, lose fly balls from the over hang, outfield walls too high, no dedication to the 86 or 69 Mets, but tons of dodgers stuff. Bring back the mistake in queens, Shea stadium!

I hope you know I had to give you a hard time for being a Mets fan, I actually looking forward to catch a game at citi, it has to be better than Shea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 11:15 PM   #6
Banned

I would also love to see Joba back in the pen...a chamberlain/rivera 7/8/9th could bring back memories of a Rivera/Wettland 7/8/9th. Pretty dominant. About 90% of the city also wants to see this. I can see Joba giving it his all however, those great starting pitchers make a LOT more money than great relievers.
Yeah the mets yankee thing. To be honest I have been a diehard yankee fan since the bronx zoo, growing up with that team, stuck with them through the awful 80's and enjoyed the late 90's all the while laughing at the pitiful mets. In my "older" age however, I have really come to like the Mets. I don't know what it is...just cant help rooting for them. They are no competition to the yankee legacy, I think thats why most Yankee fans brush them off.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:24 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 3

You guys are morons for the joba to the pen thing. Why not put Burnett in the 7th and CC in the 8th then? They would dominate lol
Old 04-18-2009, 11:29 PM   #8
Banned

Well, its early yet but Joba has proven in his time on the Yanks that he is more effective coming in for relief. Not saying he wont someday be as good a starting pitcher but who knows.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »