Home

Superstar Mode too Difficult

This is a discussion on Superstar Mode too Difficult within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-18-2009, 01:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Question Superstar Mode too Difficult

I have a few problems with this game mode. I play Allstar mode in dynasty and have no problems at all. Good shots go in, and nice saves occur. When I play on superstar mode its a whole different hockey game. The computer always knows where the pucks is going. The goalies make every save seem effortless, and very robotic. Every time there is a loose puck the computer always gets it even if you player is right in front of it. Above all its frustrating when you enter the offensive zone. The computer collapses on you, and when their out of position they some how manage to get back. Also another problem I noticed is they are TOO AGGRESSIVE!!! They will always be in perfect position and never let you get a good scoring opportunity. I think EA Sports should make this mode a little more realistic for players that are skilled but want tough, but fair gameplay.

What do you think?

Last edited by DEMON_PUNISH3R; 04-18-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 05:56 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Superstar Mode too Difficult

It's unbelievable to me that the developers would spend all their time creating such a gorgeous game, and then completely ruin it with cheesy, arcade, lazy AI programming. Pretty obvious they couldn't figure out how to program intelligent CPU AI, as you can easily skate into the the CPU's end and get a shot away, every rush, regardless of difficulty level. So they simply programmed it to be hyper-aggressive, to keep you from ever touching the puck, lol. That's BAD game programming. Whether they finally fix this next year will determine whether I purchase NHL 10 or not.
Old 04-18-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Let's hope it's one of the main areas that they will work on for NHL10.

As it is now allstar is the most pure difficulty level where no team has an advantage.
Redshirt gave this info on the EA boards. http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/30/176035.page
Old 04-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

it's supposed to be hard. some people like a challenge instead of complaining about every single thing when they don't dominate every facet of every game.
Old 04-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgalv
it's supposed to be hard. some people like a challenge instead of complaining about every single thing when they don't dominate every facet of every game.
Really, have your tried Superstar mode? Its not a challenge, its like pure domination by the Computer AI. They win every battle against the boards, they save every shot taken, they score on the majority of their shots. I like a challenge to, but when the computer constantly out plays you game in and game out then I think there is a problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2009, 02:13 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

yes i have and i win almost every game. the cpu barely scores and i wish it was harder.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:06 AM   #7
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

Yes it needs to be harder. The AI goes to the same well again and again on offense and once you see what it likes to do it can become easy to stop. On offense you can exploit the AI easily by setting up good plays and passes to open up one timers.
Old 04-19-2009, 10:06 AM   #8
Rookie

You guys think its to easy? Do you have use your own sliders and make the game speed slow? or maybe the aggressiveness down? There is no possible way you win almost every game with the default sliders on Superstar mode and if you do then you have to be one of the best NHL 09 players in the world.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »