Home

Starting a Nationals franchise.

This is a discussion on Starting a Nationals franchise. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-13-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Starting a Nationals franchise.

The only cheating I'm going to do is put Stephen Strasburg on the team. I'm going to use a CAP, but tone him down so he's not Jesus on the mound.

I don't have Knights rosters yet, although I'm contemplating starting early, even if a few teams aren't done.

I usually like keeping the trades realistic. I'm not looking to rob a team of a coveted phenom for the likes of Corey Patterson.

But here is what I was able to pull off.

Nick Johnson for Phil Hughes (I'm a Yanks fan), and Daniel Cabrera for Andrew Miller. I figure if the stars align with Zimmermann, Miller, Hughes, Strasburg, who ever grabs the 5th spot, that should be a stable rotation.

The biggest problem is a closer. I forgot who, but I was able to get Accardo from the Jays. Not the best, but passable for now.

I'm just toying with trade ideas right now. Anyone have any sleeper candidates out there... it can be any position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 9
Re: Starting a Nationals franchise.

Johnson for Hughes? lol, where will the Yanks play him?

How do you plan on setting up your bullpen?
Old 04-13-2009, 04:45 PM   #3
Rookie

I just went through the lineups seeing if I could get Hughes straight up. Nick Johnson won that contest. Where will the Yanks play him? I have no idea I figured he'd get injured on the flight from DC to NY lol. No idea how my bullpen will look. I'll switch things around when I load Knights rosters.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
MVP

BZito75's Arena

OVR: 11

if you want bullpen help, i say go for ziegler from oakland, hes their closer but you may be able to pry him away.... also make a serious run for phil coke, hes a stud in my yankees franchise. i was messing around with the psp version last night doing a nats franchise, and i really like saul rivera. just me rambling.... eh goodluck with the nats
Old 04-13-2009, 06:41 PM   #5
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Being the Nationals, you will have a lot of good prospects. Are you going to trade them for a quick rebuild, or hold on to them so you are better in the long run?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
Rookie

If they have can have an immediate impact with in a year or 2 I'll keep them. I don't like to trade away half the team, doesn't seem realistic. I'm going to rebuild them from the ground up using the farm. I'll trade if it makes sense.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:30 AM   #7
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

I'd pick up Pedro as a "back of the rotation" guy (but I'm admittedly biased and ALWAYS pick him up...lol...oh Pedro, what will I do when you retire).

I'd use FA to fill holes (within reason) and give some of those prospects time to develop.
Old 04-14-2009, 03:02 AM   #8
Rookie

Good luck with Miller. You're going to have to make home plate bigger though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »