Home

NHL2K3 vs 2K2

This is a discussion on NHL2K3 vs 2K2 within the Pro Hockey forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-17-2003, 10:32 AM   #1
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
NHL2K3 vs 2K2

How similiar is NHL2K3 to the 2K2 game that Sega put out for the Dreamcast last year?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2003, 11:45 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: NHL2K3 vs 2K2

nhl2k3 is vastly superior.....i prefer BBG's nhl2k over 2k2....2k3 is a solid game but it has some nagging problems (goalies, too easy to get quality shots) and a real subpar atmosphere.....still a solid title.
Old 04-17-2003, 02:01 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Don't listen to Hrudy. He obviously works for Blackbox.
NHL2K3 is awesome! I can honestly say I've never played a better hockey game.
NHL2K2 was good, but it was too hard to score and it was limited in it's options.
While 2K3 is still challenging to score, it's improved greatly.
Rent it and you'll see.
Old 04-17-2003, 03:20 PM   #4
Rookie

uhhh...money...where did that come from, bro? i wish to God i did but unfortunately i don't work for anyone except my band...honestly....i think i told the exact truth...2k2 was good but, imo of course, i prefered 2k over 2k2 (in 2k2 there was way too much checking imo and really poor sfx ...then 2k3 came out and it is real solid and overall the best hockey sim along with nhl championship 2000...and i really still enjoy the original 2k...again, imo....but there are some problems in 2k3.....i love the game but i'm not gonna act like they aren't there..but 2k3 does a whole lot right, no doubt... it is an awesome sim though at the moment i prefer nhl champ 2000 more....still Treyarch made a great game and i have encouraged everyone to buy it...and for someone who works for supposedly BBG (i wish, hehe) you can noticed that i was credited in the nhl2k3's credits (something that was super cool and i will NEVER forget...it was awesome......thanks chris)...

in truth i just love companies who respect the game of hockey and try to give us either a realistic experience or in Hitz's case a fun one...thus far companies like Radical, Treyarch, Blackbox Games and Next Level are answering the call....and i have developed some great relationships with several of those companies in particular Treyarch and Next Level (former BBG members)....lets hope MS steps up with a solid title and Blackbox taking over EA's subpar series helps....

2k3 is a very good game and i expect 2k4 to improve upon an already excellent engine......

Old 04-17-2003, 04:24 PM   #5
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22

Thanks for the info guys. Too bad that EA's NHL games have gotten so bad. I used to enjoy them back in the day when EA made sports games and not music videos. I still play 2000 for the PC. I thought NHL2K2 was OK, but it was really made for 10 minute periods. I think that is too long for a hockey game, but on the 5 minute periods, the scores were just too low. Sounds like there are some options this year to fix that.....I'll have to check it out.

In 2k3, can you choose alternate jerseys in season mode? I hate when games (NHL2K2 did this) have all sorts of alternate/throwback jerseys but only allow you to use them in exibition mode.

Thanks again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2003, 04:32 PM   #6
Rookie

yup, you can choose alternates in 2k3...honestly, don't even hesitate to pick up 2k3...its not perfect but its getting there and is very good!

and with Hitz Pro, 2k4, Rivals and a possibly improved BBG driven EA game 2004 looks to be awesome for hockey......

and as a standby for your pc you can't beat NHLChamp2000...it costs about $4.99 now on ebay! i have played that game for 4 years now and it still is incredible with added patches and graphic updates.
Old 04-17-2003, 05:32 PM   #7
Banned

Please hrudey32 - tell me what you think of NHL 2002 and Nhl2003 so I can decide wether to buy NHL Championship 2000. I read PS1 reviews for it and none of them were glowing. Maybe its just the PC version that rocks?

I just want to see if I agree with your thoughts on EA.
I will give you mine, but I want to see what you think first.

Good job on getting credited in that manual! You must have really helped them out somehow.
Old 04-18-2003, 02:32 AM   #8
Rookie

hmmmm.....nhl2002 or nhl2003....don't even get me started....let me put it this way.....i think back in 99 EA came close to a good sim.....

2002 is a poor representation of real hockey and 2003 is worse.....and to boot they aren't even fun either like Hitz.....

just my opinion but don't even think about wasting your money on EA's 2002/03....i called them utter trash (that is if they are supposed to be representing the sport of hockey) and i stick by that....

pick up NHL2k3 or Nhlchamp2000......no brainer, imo!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Pro Hockey »