Home

So is franchise unplayable?

This is a discussion on So is franchise unplayable? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-08-2009, 12:25 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
So is franchise unplayable?

The reason i ask is because i play baseball titlea for strictly franchise use. I enjoyed 2k8 but wanted 2k9 for more up to date rosters. Do bugs such as the fatigue issue, wrong stats, and others make franchise unplayable in 2k9? If it does i al going to start working on rosters for 2k8.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 12:32 AM   #2
Titans Era has begun.

HealyMonster's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: So is franchise unplayable?

I would like to know more about this as well. I was thinking of picking the game up now that its been patched.

I ask because before the game came out i read alot of reviews that said franchise just fell apart after year 1 and teams and rosters got completely messed up.

How is the cpu roster management throughout the season? are there crazy trades or do things hold together throughout the season realistically?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
Boom!!

J-Unit40's Arena

OVR: 30

I would also like to know. Anyone? Please chime in about the stats in the sim engine. Baseball is a stat driven game and if they are way out of whack it just doesn't seem right.

Thanks.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Here are things that I have seen myself in Franchise mode in MLB 2K9:
  • Duplicate players on rosters...I has two Ted Lillys in my pitching staff at one point.
  • Extremely low save totals for closers...25 led the league one season.
  • After a few seasons, teams keep a strict 22-man MLB roster with only 10 pitchers...low compared to real life totals.
  • Having to send down an injured player to the minors to get them off of the DL.
  • Prospects in the draft are mostly 5' 8" tall.
  • Freezing problems...although I have only encountered this once, others say it is more prevalent.
Here are some things I have read that occur in Franchise mode from other gamers here and at 2k's forums, but haven't viewed myself:
  • After players are sent down to the minors and then recalled, they change appearance.
  • A few years into it, HR totals for most players in the league are in the 20-30 range...someone said that Ryan Theriot hit 30 bombs in one year!
  • Odd stat glitches dealing with pitches either getting or not getting credit for thirds of innings pitched.
  • Attendance means nothing in terms of budget.
  • The 1-day injury glitch which forces you to sim a game in order for a player to heal from a 1-day injury.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Franchise isn't bad at all actually. Stats are suprisingly accurate, you will see what looks like a questionable trades but once you look further into it you will see that one team is not performing very well and they are trying to dump salary and the other is preparing for a playoff run. The offseason ai is much improved post patch. The top prospects list is working now. Cons are the incoming rookies are still undersized, save stats are still way low with the leauge leader averaging between 25 and 32 saves. Overall I'd have to say its not too bad, I enjoy it anyway
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm playing on pc btw
Old 04-08-2009, 01:17 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 6

Franchise is unplayable for me since I am waiting for updated rosters. I assume that they will be available next week.
Old 04-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

so let me ask your guys' opinions on this then:

knowing what you know now about the players fatigue problem (not getting rested on off days) and the one day injury issue, would you advise someone looking to start a franchise (when rosters come out) to play with fatigue off and injuries off?

I know that takes realism out of it and would never think to do this in a "normal" situation, but does it make sense to with these bugs present, or are they more an annoyance than a deal breaker??

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »