Home

Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad?

This is a discussion on Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-06-2009, 07:14 PM   #1
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8
Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad?

I for one am pissed off there's going to be pre-created rookies for Madden '10. It'll be just like Head Coach '09, where you play it 4-5 times and realize you know who all the good rookies are before you even draft - thereby killing the replay value. How can this possibly be good?! Why are people asking for this?! Do you only want to play franchise a handful of times?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Pre-Created Rookies - Good or Bad?

they could fix this by doing one of two things by randomizing when a player actually comes out so potentially one time play X comes out in year one and the next in year 7 or they could randomize the draft classes in head coach there were 4 paths each with 15 years meaning 60 different classes this would keep replay value because you wouldn't know until the preseason after one draft what the next one was
Old 04-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 39

Im unfamiliar with the head coach rookie class...can you explain a little bit?

I would hate to see the same fake players though over and over
Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 14

Yeah, although I thought the blog was great I was a little perturbed by this as well. I never played HC so I don't know exactly what he's saying but I have a pretty good indication.

I don't want to be able to go to gamefaqs and see a cheat thread showing all the overalls/busts/diamonds for the entire Madden franchise mode.

What happens if I have two franchises going on and I'm a year ahead in one and know all the draft info for the upcoming class in the other.

Someone please tell me it won't be that bad.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:21 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I'm getting NCAA anyways, but this makes importing draft classes a must.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 12

If I'm taking in how potential is suppose to work properly, then making this random for the pre-created rookies would seem like a good move.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM   #7
Pro

kwpit79's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlech84
they could fix this by doing one of two things by randomizing when a player actually comes out so potentially one time play X comes out in year one and the next in year 7 or they could randomize the draft classes in head coach there were 4 paths each with 15 years meaning 60 different classes this would keep replay value because you wouldn't know until the preseason after one draft what the next one was
I'd rather not put a limit on re-playability. You can still have presentation with randomized college players (didn't Mel Kiper talk about random players in 2K5?). All you would have to do is record a thousand different last name combination for that. I would just hate to know that once I played it a half dozen times (with different teams) I won't want to play it again.
Old 04-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 35

So in Head Coach, rookies are just recycled throughout the whole game?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »