Home

Does Top 100 Prospect List still disappear?

This is a discussion on Does Top 100 Prospect List still disappear? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 9
Does Top 100 Prospect List still disappear?

Does it still disappear after the patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2009, 08:38 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Does Top 100 Prospect List still disappear?

Does anyone who has franchises going on know?
Old 04-05-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Hey there man, according to an OS user here is what MrArlington wrote (I will add that he did not say this, but got this from a 2k forum)

"Here is a list of the issues that really bring down this years franchise mode:

1. Off days are pointless!!! Your players don't recover any stamina during off days.
2. Injuries are flawed. I have posted about this a ton and PM'd Ron a few times and got no response. Players get stuck at 1 day injured and you have to send them to the minors for them to heal.
3. Lack of depth chart. If you want to sim games then your regular players hardly ever get subbed out.
4. CPU handling of CPU teams pitchers. The Angels started Weaver with 46% stamina. Relivers will pitch until totally fatigued unless you hammer them. Percival pitched 5 innings against me the other day. That would never happen!
5. Top 100 Prospects is all screwed up. I am 30+ games into a franchise and the list showed up exactly once! That one time it showed up the 33 yr old Juan Encarnion was the #1 prospect?!?!?! The list also included a bunch of FA that shouldn't be considered prospects.
6. As far as stats go in simmed games they are pretty good except for Closer stats. Closers seem to blow too many saves and the league leader usually has a low amount of saves. Also other relievers tend to be put into too many save situations.
7. Franchise mode will freeze up! Sometimes you can't even load your franchise without it freezing.
8. Why can't I resign a player with 1 year left on his contract?
9. Auto organizing your roster is totally screwed up. After the season if choose to do this your roster will be left with 22 players (12 hitters, 10 pitchers) except my A team has 15 hitters and 10 pitchers. This also happens for CPU teams. All MLB teams carry 25 players!
10. Free agency is also a mess. Too many players resign with their current teams and settle for very low salaries!
11. Attendance is also flawed. I don't know what is wrong with it but I think it also counts your road games as your home attendance?!?!?! I have seen avg stadium capacity at 150% how the hell is that possible. 60,000+ at Fenway I don't think so!! This wouldn't be a problem except it has an effect on your budget!
12. The All Star Game doesn't play out like an All Star Game should. Starting Pitchers throw 7, 8 and 9 innings. That never happens!!!
13. The player progression seems to be out of whack also. Hitter contact ratings skyrocket and Pitchers pitches ratings never change but velocity on fastballs will skyrocket also. Most pitchers don't gain velocity they usually lose some. Also younger pitchers tend to develop their stuff and increase break on curveballs for example."

I'm pretty sure it does disappear. But from the looks of it, it is most likely broken. Don't have the game, but just helping you out.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:44 PM   #4
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

No, it does not disappear anymore. I'm two weeks into my franchise and the list is still there.
Old 04-05-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon4ever
No, it does not disappear anymore. I'm two weeks into my franchise and the list is still there.
Well that is good news then. Is it broken though? For example, is Juan Encarnacion the #1 prospect as mentioned by the quote above? I hope not. There will never be a prospect who is 33 (especially at #1).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
Pro

Yeah true, let me clarify my question then. Does the Top 100 Prospect list NOT disappear as well as work properly and show actual prospects rather than free agents or old dudes?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:49 PM   #7
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

I have not played Franchise since the patch came out (I am waiting for the Opening Day Living Rosters to be updated). So that list of franchise problems that I posted represents what other users were saying.

If the Top 100 list actually shows up and refelects true-to-life prospects, then it would be a big surprise, since all things fixed in the patch that were mentioned by Ron at 2K had nothing to do with Franchise mode. He said that fixes to Franchise mode were "minor."
Old 04-05-2009, 10:12 PM   #8
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

Just posted in response to this question on the 2K forums:

Anyone know if the Top 100 prospects list actually shows up post-patch? And if it does, does it show real prospects instead of 33-year-old Juan Encarnacion?

"I have not had it since Patch #2. It might have been removed since it was non-functional."

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »