Home

cant Hit Doubles or triples!! why??

This is a discussion on cant Hit Doubles or triples!! why?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 04-03-2009, 03:33 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 2
cant Hit Doubles or triples!! why??

ok so i started my season on HOF and am 9-14 on the year. i have default sliders except i turned power up 1 notch, fielder reaction +10 and fielder run speed +1 to try and slow down the OF. but i only have 26 doubles (212 hits), where as the rest of the league is around the 40's.

my team BA is .260 and have 22 HR which are both around league avg. everything seems to be realistic except i cant hit doubles or triples, therefore i only have 67 RBI's on the year and its taking wins away from me. all i can hit are singles!
i have power hitters to (longoria, utley, holiday)

anyone have any tips for me to make it more realistic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 04:58 AM   #2
MVP

jpup's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: cant Hit Doubles or triples!! why??

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwood418
ok so i started my season on HOF and am 9-14 on the year. i have default sliders except i turned power up 1 notch, fielder reaction +10 and fielder run speed +1 to try and slow down the OF. but i only have 26 doubles (212 hits), where as the rest of the league is around the 40's.

my team BA is .260 and have 22 HR which are both around league avg. everything seems to be realistic except i cant hit doubles or triples, therefore i only have 67 RBI's on the year and its taking wins away from me. all i can hit are singles!

put the fielding sliders back to default. It seemed to help me. At least the reaction slider.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:38 AM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwood418

Triples will depend more who you have that is fast. The doubles you could raise solid hits +1 so some of the singles get in the gaps. I really do not get many doubles from the balls that get passed the 3B/1B myself so fielder reaction changes to default might not do alot as that is mainly IF slider. Try solid hits or runner speed if you want more doubles.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:52 AM   #4
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpup
put the fielding sliders back to default. It seemed to help me. At least the reaction slider.
Seriously, (to the OP) why do you have reaction time at +10?! It just seems the fielder's jumps are way too quick so (with that slider) if you hit a ball in the gap you'd barely be into 2nd safely even w/someone like Hanley Ramirez or whatnot. I play on legend and have brought the fielder's speed & reaction time to 0 and upped the baserunning speed +2 so I could actually get a double if I hit it down the line and vise-versa.
Old 04-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

One of the first things I did when I got into my season was move the outfielder speed four notches to the LEFT of the default position. Through 3/4 of a season, I'm 2nd in triples and 16th in doubles (rankings based on all teams, not just NL or AL). I get a triple every 4-5 games, which seems a little high, but not unbalancing. Almost every triple is because an outfielder dove and missed.

This way doubles are doubles. I still don't get doubles on the shots down the line that get into the shallow outfield, but I don't care too much about it. So long as I get a reasonable number of extra base hits, I'm good. I don't want to mess with baserunning speed for to try and correct for this as I'm worried it will mess with balance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 26

I don't like the idea of raising the reaction to +10.

The CPU reacts way too quick.

I turned down Fielder Speed to -4 from default, and reaction down -2 from default.

I get plenty of doubles in the gaps, and balls get by the fielders down the line (although those only go for doubles if they roll all the way to the wall).
Old 04-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #7
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

I got fielder speed at 0 and reaction at 1. gives me a good realistic feel and you get doubles that should be doubles and get a triple every now and then if the outfielders dont take the right path to the ball. also Id leave power at default, it makes the ball get to where it goes faster meaning line drives right at someone hardly ever fall short for a hit
Old 04-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I got fielder speed at 0 and reaction at 1. gives me a good realistic feel and you get doubles that should be doubles and get a triple every now and then if the outfielders dont take the right path to the ball. also Id leave power at default, it makes the ball get to where it goes faster meaning line drives right at someone hardly ever fall short for a hit
Yea, anything lower than default for either of those options would work better.

I think fielders at default move and react way too fast relative to baserunners.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »