Home

2009 Boston Red Sox

This is a discussion on 2009 Boston Red Sox within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-30-2009, 07:51 PM   #1
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17
2009 Boston Red Sox

Well in one week the Red Sox will be opening the season at Fenway.

I don't know about the rest of you but I feel like this team is either going to be awesome, or they're going to to have a hard time over coming injuries.

My main questions going into the season are:
  • David Ortiz wrist, I highly doubt he will ever hit 50+ again but can he hit 30-35 .285/.380/.550?
  • Can Buchholz bounce back and prove it was only a sophomore slump? With his performance this spring it appears to be that way.
  • Can Ellsbury raise his OBP? There's no way he can bat lead-off and put up a .336 OBP again.
  • Finally, will Jason Varitek hit over .220? I pray to god we find another option at catcher some point through out the season.

My things to watch for:
  • Daniel Bard will be a major factor in the pen by August.
  • Possibly a team in a financial crunch looking to get rid of a good player? (Miguel Cabrera )
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2009, 06:23 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: 2009 Boston Red Sox

We are loaded with pitching if we can keep our stars healthy it could be a 92-94 win season.
Pacers/Heat
Michigan

Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM   #3
TNA & WWE thanks you

CWood2's Arena

OVR: 20

Not pretty out. I'll pretty much watch any game today, but part of my "holiday" ritual involves skipping work to catch my Sox. Hope they play ...
Old 04-07-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 25

I wasn't disappointed with the rain out. The 4 o'clock start time today means I could bounce out of work a little early to catch most of the action. So far so good. There's nothing like Opening Day, its replaced Christmas for me now that I'm older (though that might change when/if I have kids).
Old 04-07-2009, 05:47 PM   #5
All Star

Lead-off walk followed up by a Crawford double for the Rays put men at second and third with no one out. The following hitters (Longoria, Pena, Burrell) go popout, strikeout, ground out. Love it!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2009, 07:39 PM   #6
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Great game today. Oki had a tough time in the 8th but besides that a pretty solid performance by the Sox.

I would have liked to see Ellsbury get a hit since I think he needs to get off to a good start to boost his confidence.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
All Star

Yeah, a great win with more positives than negatives. Fourteen punch-outs for the pitching staff (including a golden sombrero for Pena, ouch!) and a solid offensive showing against Tampa's number 1 (or 1A). The only two negatives were Okajima being unable to locate much of anything in the 8th and Ellsbury's failure to reach base from the lead-off spot. Ellsbury clearly doesn't read the change well out of Shields' hand so hopefully he gets things going tomorrow, though good luck with Kazmir on the hill.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
Rookie

Suiko's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch
Possibly a team in a financial crunch looking to get rid of a good player? (Miguel Cabrera )
If only =(

Can't complain with that first win. Only 172 to go.
Bruins

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »