Home

DUMP THE PUCK

This is a discussion on DUMP THE PUCK within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2009, 07:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
DUMP THE PUCK

This has been an annoyance to me and it's starting to become ridiculous. Dump the ****ing puck when your killing a penatly. This "Whats this 5-on-4, I play aggressive all the time" is ********. In the last 10 games I've given up 14 shorthanded goals because players skate around and play they're the ones playing on the powerplay.

This game is beginning to come back to its roots where it benefits those who don't know **** all about how hockey is played moreso than the ones who do, all they know is "Hey, I'll skate around behind the net, skate out in front and shoot short side before the goalie sucks back into the post"

I've lost 9 games in a row against players like this. I'm trying to get a realistic game going, but as soon as I get up 1-0, they turn the cheese-o-meter up and thats all they try. As much as they like to say "Its easy to stop" its not. Those who play posistional defense are much worse off then those who skate right into you going for the big hit. Take this example of my last game, which I lost 7-1.

Edmonton(me) vs Atlanta(him)

Shots: 42 - 9
Hits: 11 - 78
TOP: 14:00 - 1:30
PP: 1-3 - 0-0
SHG: 0 - 4
OTG: 0 - 4

As you can see, the player who sets up, looks for plays and even resorts to just throwing the puck at the net is much worse off than the ****** who skates at the net and slaps it top cheese. The shots and chances are in my favor by a ridiculous amount, yet simply because he doesn't have a ****ing clue what he's doing, the game benefits him.

It seems like you get penalzied more for BEING IN POSISTION than you do destroying poor Ales Hemsky who didn't even have the puck. It seems like creating plays for offensive zone, powerplay and breakout are useless, you'd rather skate up the ice like this (~~~~~~~~~~~) <-- example. and It WORKS

Im sure there are legit, honest players on here, those who would rather chip the puck out on a penalty kill the go on the aggressive every ****ing time. I mean if I get a bonafide chance, I'll take it, but if it closes up on me, I chip the puck out.

We've all played them, and isn't it so hard to adjust your REALISTIC style to play into their hand? Last game after being down 3-0 after 1, I was frustrated with the other 8 losses which had come the same way, I tried the same drunk skater, bob and weave no pass all out PK and the slot slap shot. It doesn't work. These ******s have the **** down to a science.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2009, 09:16 PM   #2
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: DUMP THE PUCK

Sounds like you need a sedative.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:39 AM   #3
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Thread delivers.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Icon7 Re: DUMP THE PUCK

if you're talking about the random players online......... its useless to hope that they'll dump the puck when they're in PK. ive faced many people who even skate around waste your PP by just circling around. ive learned to "accept" these players and then avoid them next time.

i want to join a league wherein you can see people dumping the puck for sportsmanship, instead of playing over-aggressive PK. just like the real NHL. in the real game, you only see the attack specially if there is the BIG possibility of a breakaway or a 1 on 1 scenario.

invite me next time if you want a scrimmage that is pure SIM game.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:45 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 9

umm the fact that you gave up 14 shorties in 10 games might clue you into why people aren't falling over themselves trying to dump the puck back to you.

i also disagree with pretty much everything else you posted. this game is not rocket science, and playing overaggressive D and offense is not rewarded unless you let it be.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 6

wow i hate cheesers but whining b/c somebody is "too aggressive" on the PP and isnt letting you set up is just sad. Should they move out of the way so you can get your shots off too? Make them pay for being aggressive with long outlet passes when they get caught deep.
Old 03-28-2009, 07:17 PM   #7
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

I'll tell you this much, if I'm shorthanded and my opponent leaves me an opening, you bet your @$$ I'm gonna exploit it.

Teams dump when there's no outlet, or when they need a change. They don't automatically dump the puck just because they're shorthanded. If there's a way to work the puck up the ice for a scoring chance, they take it, even if they're down a man.

You're complaint is one of the silliest I've ever seen.

Don't be friggin ********.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:34 AM   #8
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5

Not online, but in dynasty, if I'm on the penalty kill, and I'm trailing, I'm going to play it as if I'm even strength, try to move it up ice if I can. I had one game against Ottawa, I scored three shorthanded with P.J. Axelsson.

Granted, if I'm tied or in front (or desperately need a line change, I'm clearing that sucker, you bet.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »