Home

****Audio Thoughts Wanted****

This is a discussion on ****Audio Thoughts Wanted**** within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-26-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
ml9
NBA Live Producer

OVR: 2
****Audio Thoughts Wanted****

Hey guys - We're heading out to LA in a couple of weeks to record with Marv and Steve. Just wondered if you guys had any thoughts on what new stuff you'd like to hear from them this year? Also, are there things in the game that you're tired of hearing and would like to get a refresh? Any other audio, like arena sound effects, you want?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #2
WW*/*FC C*mm*n*ty Mgr.

stephensonmc's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Audio Thoughts Wanted

hey guys, this is Matt Lafreniere our Presentation Producer on NBA LIVE.

We'd really like your feedback if possible!

Thanks
Old 03-26-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 36

something that bothers me is that every arena has the same free throw sound. If you could it would be nice to have that changed. Maybe the actual free throw sound that the team uses or none at all if they don't have one. Also the buzzers from different arenas would also be nice. I would just like to hear authentic sounds in every arena. I would love for you to get some organ music for msg and the wachovia center.

Last edited by Jamin23; 03-26-2009 at 03:58 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:57 PM   #4
MVP

videobastard's Arena

OVR: 14

I would like for marv and especially kerr to have more enthusiasm on big plays and late in the 4th quarter.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #5
Pro

stopper654's Arena

the DEEEE-TROIT BASKETBALL chant during big defense plays and detroit's entrance music song - ' Final Countdown' and more information about star players and not the same line everytime the same player go to the line b/c after hearing the same line over and over it starts to get annoying and i thought there was going to be new announcers with marv since kerr is the general manager of the suns

Last edited by stopper654; 03-26-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2009, 08:34 PM   #6
Pro

stopper654's Arena

what about craig sager as a sideline reporter just like cheryl miller in NBA 2k9 talking to coaches and reporting it after halftime don't the sideline reporters get some love in live 10
Old 03-26-2009, 10:59 PM   #7
MVP

mrclutch's Arena

OVR: 20

If you watch and listen to a game Marv calls he gives the score and time left very frequently. Might add a nice touch if he did this during the game some.

I really dislike how Kerr announces almost ever time you change defensive sets. Every now and then is ok but less frequent. Maybe if something has to be said there could be a few lines about the real differences in defenses.

Maybe add a couple different saying for when there is a bad shot. I think there's only like 2 now.

Drop the line were Kerr and Marv talk about how they've "had this problem ever since we've been broadcasting together" or at least the awkward laughter afterward.

Please add something else for Marv to say about David West other than the line about him boxing in the off-season.

Ditto for Kerr’s AK47 "he's a weapon" line.

I guess the trick is if you can only have one line for a player no line may be better.

Marv asks Kerr about when Kerr played with Shaq in Orlando and Kerr's response doesn't match up. He talks about Shaq in general terms and it doesn't seem to match up, to me anyway.

Why doesn't Marv ever say "Yes, and it counts" or just "Yes" during the game. If he does I don't remember it.

Marv always says something about a player "making it back" from whatever injury. It would be cool if you could match that with the updates since you guys are all over the injury thing.

You should have an unlockable where Marv pauses after a Kerr comment and says "will you just shut up"

Ok I'm reaching now.

Looking forward to what you folks come up with.

Last edited by mrclutch; 03-26-2009 at 11:04 PM. Reason: sleepy typos
Old 03-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #8
CEO - BSG Network

Behindshadows's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by ml9
Hey guys - We're heading out to LA in a couple of weeks to record with Marv and Steve. Just wondered if you guys had any thoughts on what new stuff you'd like to hear from them this year? Also, are there things in the game that you're tired of hearing and would like to get a refresh? Any other audio, like arena sound effects, you want?
Tired of hearing, the constant talk about Kobe wanting to be traded and his father jelly bean Joe Bryant..I mean come on he's been in the league over 12 years and they are still talking about that.

Talk about how he's leads the team now, has matured and jumped over a car in his commercial lol. Talk about how him and Shaq after going different directions, seem to come together for the 2009 All-Star game and won Co-MVP.

I like how in the competitions games, they have different stadium announcers with authentic calling of players names and how they turnover the ball etc. The noises and tons of different types when you hit a free throw in Detroit is different than when you hit one in Dallas, etc.

Also when coming into the stadium during the beginning of the game, it would be nice to see their intro on the jumbo tron, instead of coming through the back Sprite hallway. And to make it where it won't be dumb like the 2k intro's after someone gets traded to another team. Use the players flashes or images using the player models in the game. That would be sick. Authentic intro's and stadium intro music. Never been done, and you'll be the first.

Sideline reporter would be nice and please let her be hot! Also to touch it up a bit, put a animated Kerr or Marv at the table on the floor as if they were actually there. That would be siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick!

Here's an example of that Jumbotron intro...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5ZsK...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwFX157QX1Q

Last edited by Behindshadows; 03-27-2009 at 01:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »