Home

Man, I suck @ hitting

This is a discussion on Man, I suck @ hitting within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-25-2009, 12:38 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27
Man, I suck @ hitting

I finally got a hit to the wall. W/frikkin' Carols Zambrano. Otherwise, I'm a singles machine. About 6-8 a game. Any tips on helping my slugging percentage?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

Re: Man, I suck @ hitting

Use power swing Have you tried doing a few rounds in BP?
Old 03-25-2009, 02:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

I am really struggling with hitting lately too, having scored just 2 runs combined my last two games. I haven't hit a home run in about 5 games now and I have guys with good power like BJ Upton, David Wright, Brian McCann among others. I have had quite a few gappers that just hang up in the air and the CPU always runs them down in an annoyingly non-chalant manner, making almost basket catches. I do sometimes get out in front and foul off pitches but even when I hit it right on it doesn't seem to result in a hit. Might have to return to BP to iron out the kinks.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:19 PM   #4
Flag Waver, Sec.134,O.Co.

mmdmaznn's Arena

OVR: 11

As WakeUnc posted, batting practice is where you'll really get timing and pitch selection down. Be patient and selective. Focus on where the pitcher release point is so that you can see how the pitch is coming in. Also, you may try adjusting the slider for pitch speed down so that you can get a bit more time to see the pitch. I also had a lot of trouble hitting at first, but over time and experience I've improved a lot. Patience is key and training your batter eye will help you. Don't go up there swinging at every pitch. Try to work the pitcher as walks happen in this game. Spend time in the cage taking BP and you'll get better. You'll start making more solid contact and that's when the extra base hits will start coming. You don't need to use Power Swing to hit home runs or solid doubles.

Oakland Coliseum
LF Bleachers
Sec. 134
"Where's your flag?"

Now Playing: MLB 13: The Show (PS3/Vita), NBA 2K12, Batman: Arkham City, FarCry3

Oakland Athletics/Golden State Warriors/Oakland Raiders
Old 03-25-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

I think I'm pretty patient. Had 4 BB's last game. But whenever I get one solid, its just a harmless fly ball. Can't get anything into the gap. Whatever happened to the hot/cold zones?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2009, 06:22 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Have you tried doing a few rounds in BP?
Yeah, not a particularly glamorous answer, but quite simply, one of the most effective ways to better your batting. go into BP and just hit. easy or tough pitchers, easy or tough pitches, just get the reps in, and like in real life, the practice will pay off.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 PM   #7
Rookie

koebsual's Arena

OVR: 4

BP and DO NOT lower pitch speed, I lowered it at first and just K'd all game long. Alway's swung early and usually very early. I have just recently raised it to default and it has made a Huge difference for me anyways.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Is BP only available in season mode?
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »