Home

PS2 MLB 09 questions...

This is a discussion on PS2 MLB 09 questions... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
PS2 MLB 09 questions...

Hi I didn't have time to browse all the messages in the ps2 mlb the show 09 impressions thread but I was wondering if someone could answer these questions I had about the ps2 version of the game.

In the 08 ps2 version no matter where I put the error slider there was hardly ever any errors ever committed in the field. I was wondering if the 09 version fixed that. Are there more errors when you are playing now? If there are are there a good variety of errors like errors where a ground single to center is bobbled by the center fielder allowing the runner(s) to advance an extra base? And are errors like these scored correctly?

Is the sportscast manager quick game feature still in the game? If so does it work reasonably well in the 09 version? I found thee 08 version was loaded with problems like incorrect scoring and just plain messing up like sometimes not giving a team 3 outs!

Overall do you think the 09 version is worth it if you already own the 08 version? I have to say if they just fixed the no errors problem I might just pick it up!

thanks...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: PS2 MLB 09 questions...

I played shortly the '09 PS2 version and it was great, i did not have time to tweak with the sliders that much, i only maxed the pitch speed.

About the number of errors, from my understanding, means that if you max out the error slider, does not mean that you will see 10 errors in a game. The possibility is there, but when have you ever seen so many errors in one game by one team? It never happens so it won't happen in The Show. It will keep stats realistic and true to the game.

Overall, i did like what the version offered. Although i have the PS3, i could see myself playing the PS2 verson if i had it.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:35 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 26

Errors are not fixed. Yes, it is worth purchasing for other reasons.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Russell
About the number of errors, from my understanding, means that if you max out the error slider, does not mean that you will see 10 errors in a game. The possibility is there, but when have you ever seen so many errors in one game by one team? It never happens so it won't happen in The Show. It will keep stats realistic and true to the game.

Overall, i did like what the version offered. Although i have the PS3, i could see myself playing the PS2 verson if i had it.
10 Errors for one team is a high number and the game doesn't have them in it, but they were many teams last year that had 4+ errors in a single game and the game doesn't have them in the game. The sliders should be there to allow the consumer to decide how realistic the game is i.e. pitch speed, not realistic but it works. Leave that stuff to the player to decide.

This game didn't fix the errors problem I maxed the slider and 35 games in all-star, I'll recommend this game over 08 version, it’s a better game with more realistic features.

Last edited by k_bassuka; 03-24-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-24-2009, 01:53 PM   #5
Banned

bsb13's Arena

OVR: 30

Errors still aren't done very well IMO, but overall its better than last year. Throwing errors do happen in 09 unlike last year. I still haven't seen an error in the outfield though. I cant really speak about Sportscast manager because I haven't touched that yet.

Personally I think its worth the upgrade just because of the legend mode alone. There is also some nice franchise upgrades like 40 man rosters, rule 5 draft, waivers, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

That's too bad that they never fixed that. I'm playing mlb 06 the show for my psp and that version does at least have some errors when I'm playing. Not a huge variety but they do happen quite often when I'm playing and it does seem to do a better job in that old psp version then the latest ps2 version. Odd and disappointing.

Just curious how does the ps3 version handle errors when u are playing? Are there a good variety of errors like I mentioned in my original post? Just curious, error realism is kind of a big deal to me and if I'm going to upgrade to the ps3 mainly for the show I was wondering if the ps3 version at least handles the errors semi realistically.

thanks.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan0808
Overall do you think the 09 version is worth it if you already own the 08 version? I have to say if they just fixed the no errors problem I might just pick it up!
definitely do it. my best friend made the upgrade on the PS2, and he's a pretty die hard 360 guy. the tweaks to the gameplay are reason enough to upgrade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »