Home

Never has a game that I enjoy this much, also piss me off this much.

This is a discussion on Never has a game that I enjoy this much, also piss me off this much. within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-22-2009, 02:30 AM   #1
Rookie

JahCreations's Arena

OVR: 2
Never has a game that I enjoy this much, also piss me off this much.

I swear even though this years game has some very needed improvements over last year, last years game played better and IMO was more fun. This year its just way to hard. I only play with the Mets, and you would think since they are ranked like 6th( i think) I already get a boost since they are a better team, wrong!! its like Im playing with the rangers against the Yankees everygame. I dont know for sure how many games I've actually played and won because of the profile glitch.. but I'd say around 30-40 games and I've only won maybe 10. Now Im not saying I should be winning 35 of those games, but atleast .500 would seem reasonable being that im the mets and not one of the worst teams. Last year I played the game on allstar and won probably 3 out of every 5 games I played. This year I've been on allstar and the games I win are either blowouts like 8-2 or either shutouts. rarely close games.

My problems are:

that If My pitcher is doing great, My batting is horrible, and if my pitching is crappy my hitting is good, but never good enough.

Contact and Timing is a joke, it never seems to be consistent, and what pisses me off the most is when I guess the right location, right pitch, perfect timing and wheelhouse..yet I hit a popfly or grounder.

also I leave tons of runners stranded, for some reason I ground out or pop out 3/4ths of the time with runners on.

Third basemen over throwing first base happens way too often, I mean its david wright I cant even remember watching a game in reallife where he overthrew first base.

The computer always seems to get some crazy boost late in the innings if i am up by only 1-2 runs and comes back to tie or win.

I like that they made diving and jumping for balls harder this year, but you have to be PERFECT to ever make one.

also everynow and then fielders dont even react when the ball comes right next to them, causing hitters to get doubles and triples they dont deserve.

So I've lowered the difficulty down to Veteran, and I have lost 3 games in a row and 1 of them was a total blowout 8-0. I'll play some more on this difficulty but if things dont change Im in desperate need of some good sliders, cuz theres no way im switching to mlb2k9.

long read, but I had to vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 02:44 AM   #2
Rookie

Effington's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Never has a game that I enjoy this much, also piss me off this much.

The game is definitely frustrating, but I think it's a good thing that they made it hard. When I'm playing, my main key is to make sure I'm getting the right aim and timing on my swing. It is pretty consistent. Timing needs to be adjusted by pitch type, and probably varies throughout the game based on fatigue / sped of pitch. Even though, as you said, sometimes it's a lazy popup or a double play, at least I know I did what I could.

One thing I've noticed is that even with perfectly timed and aimed swings, the location of the pitch is still very important. I lead the league in double plays, and it was so frustrating, until I realized it was because I was swinging at low pitches.

There are slumps and streaks, I play on veteran and at one point had a 10 game winning streak and was like 16-2 for a period, but right when I was considering bumping the difficulty, my bats went cold and lost six straight.

Fielding is another odd one, for some reason I have a lot of throwing errors from my second baseman to first on simple, slow plays. It seems that the throwing meter sometimes goes very quickly and sometimes not.

I've played probably 50-60 games already and still adjusting. I think that's what makes the game so great. If it was easy to win out of the box, it'd be boring.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:45 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Honestly, I feel as if most of your complaints mainly have to do with you not being very good at the game yet (sorry to be so blunt). Just keep at it, and you'll improve! However.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JahCreations
also everynow and then fielders dont even react when the ball comes right next to them, causing hitters to get doubles and triples they dont deserve.
THIS!! Oh my lord, THIS! It's been happening to me way, way too often and it's really getting on my nerves. This game is almost perfect without this problem occurring. Please tell me it can be addressed somehow in a patch.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:01 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm in ST and it's a mixed bag right now.

As the Yankees my players have a .386 overall average, but a 4.41 ERA. We are 20-8 right now in ST.

I'm having a tough time stealing this year as well as locating pitches.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:41 AM   #5
Rookie

JahCreations's Arena

OVR: 2

Yea I mean Im not saying i expect to win 8/10 times.. but it just feels like almost every win is pure luck for me. and not that I just played really good, cuz I feel like every game im playing the best that i can.

I just feel like the cpu purposely favors itself in too many situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2009, 03:48 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 13

You should try out turning cpu comeback to on. davewins started the topic about cpu comeback being reversed (so when you turn cpu comeback on, you actually turn it off) and I think he is right about it. Several people have posted that they have had a similar experience as you and when they turned on cpu comeback, they were able to beat the cpu in a realistic fashion.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:47 AM   #7
Wolverine Soldier

Jackdog's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixmgs
You should try out turning cpu comeback to on. davewins started the topic about cpu comeback being reversed (so when you turn cpu comeback on, you actually turn it off) and I think he is right about it. Several people have posted that they have had a similar experience as you and when they turned on cpu comeback, they were able to beat the cpu in a realistic fashion.

Or better yet post this in the impressions thread. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sions-175.html

WTF is up with all these "Look at me" posts?
NCAA:Michigan Wolverines.
F-1: Ferrari.

It's been a while OS. Hope all are doing well!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:49 AM   #8
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Honestly, I feel as if most of your complaints mainly have to do with you not being very good at the game yet (sorry to be so blunt). Just keep at it, and you'll improve!
Same here, in the beginning I lost like 75% of my games on Veteran but now I've moved on to Allstar because eventually I started winning all my Veteran games.

And on the side note, I personnaly never really felt the CPU had this big comeback code writen all over it. I've closed many games with a 4+ run lead with the CPU not even scoring in the last innings.

But hey everyone's experience is different and maybe it's even skill level based I dunno, haven't touched HOF or Legend yet.

Last edited by LastActionHero; 03-22-2009 at 04:53 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »