Home

Need an honest assessment of the game

This is a discussion on Need an honest assessment of the game within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-20-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 7
Need an honest assessment of the game

I have pretty much played College Hoops 2k8 to death, and I am thinking about picking this up do I have a few questions:

1. How is Dynasty mode? (specifically the recruiting end)
2. Is Dynasty mode multiplayer?
3. Does this game use the EA locker?

Thanks for the help guys, and anything else you want to add on to this would be an added bonus. Cheers!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #2
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Need an honest assessment of the game

1) As far as recruiting options, I don't think anything is lacking. But if you have decent team, decent prestige, it's highly likely you will get a few top recruits. Doesn't matter if you're Duke or Temple. There are mediocre teams out there which are not easy to recruit with, but any decent team (Like most of the A10, CUSA teams etc) can get real STUDS. I picked Maine once, recruiting was pretty tough. When I picked Temple, I've landed 2 top 10 recruits pretty easily, which is highly unlikely. I think NCAA Football 09 has better recruiting options and balance.

2) I'm an offline dynasty guy. But I've remember reading that there is NO Online Dynasty. Sorry.

3) Yes

I think game plays tight, but there are several problems like excessive amount of CPU turnovers against zone defense and lack of offensive rebounding.

I'm a huge Choops fan as well. For now, I can't play either game. Because both have different strengths and flaws. I've gone back and forth million times. Now I'm too tired.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:39 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin8

2) I'm an offline dynasty guy. But I've remember reading that there is NO Online Dynasty. Sorry.
Oh, I should have been clearer I meant offline, such as what College Football does by allowing up to I think 16 teams that can be user controlled.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:04 AM   #4
Rookie

Zeppelin8's Arena

OVR: 8

I can't check it right now, but I'm pretty sure that you have to stick with only 1 team. I remember this has been brought up before.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
Rookie

SchruteFarms's Arena

OVR: 3

Overall the gameplay is very good better than 2k8 in my opinion. I really like the lockdown defense. Graphics are strong. I like the tempo of the game, but it is very difficult to run an effective fast break due to suction.

1. The Dynasty mode doesn't hold a candle to 2k8. It's not very detailed. You don't feel like a real coach. There don't seem to be many playbooks to choose from either. The recruiting is very bland and there are way too many 5 star prospects. Also I don't think you are given enough recruiting points, particularly at small schools. Having to always resort the menus is annoying also.

2. No, one team per dynasty. And you can't play Non User games.

3. Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

I'm in complete disagreement with Schrute.

Ch 2k8's gameplay took some skill and was much better.

NCAA 09's gameplay just makes you press a button to shoot. No timing involved.

Recruiting in 09 is insanely better. Sure, there are 150 5 stars, but after the top 25 or so, they all suck.

You actually have recruiting options, unlike in CH 2k8, where you just call them every week and it's stupid trying to catch someone.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:29 PM   #7
MVP

DrUrsus's Arena

OVR: 46

Honestly, I went back to College Hoops after playing EAs game for a while. College Hoops is a better game, in my opinion overall.

EA NCAA BB does some things better, but is not polished enough yet.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:06 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 31

I just bought this game and I see where this game could go but for my own expectations in a video game (customability) this title falls very short.

Dynasty mode is actually pretty deep. The recruits do seem to sign easily though. But it is very comparable to College Hoops 2k8. In fact most of the game seems to have taken a lot of elements from that series.

However there are a ton of bugs, especially with the simulated stats (all centers/power forwards average more points than gaurds....complete opposite of real life where you have one or two big men for every five guard top scorers).

I am not sure about the multiplayer dynasty (my guess is no) because I didn't see an option but they do let you set how many years from 10 to 30.

EA Locker....I don't know either I don't have internet connection on my xbox 360.

I am trading mine in about as quickly as I bought it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »