Home

Progressive Batting Performance?

This is a discussion on Progressive Batting Performance? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Progressive Batting Performance?

read this on the official mlb 09 site:

Quote:
Track Batters Throughout The Season With New Progressive Batting Performance
Superior performance will earn you rewards and slumps, but will require a little extra effort. Specific to each batter, you’ll be rewarded with slight contact bonuses for each batter who performs beyond his statistical ability under your control. Conversely, if your performance takes a dip, you’ll see slight decreases in contact for each batter that performs below that statistical ability. Performances will be based roughly on each batter’s last 20-30 ABs (w/ recent ABs weighted heavier).

anyone been using this feature? helpful?
NBA 09: The Inside8.0
Madden 09 : 8.0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
Pro

Giants2003's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Progressive Batting Performance?

How do you use it?
Old 03-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

it's not so much a feature you "use." its just another one of those realism things they added to the game, which i actually enjoy. it makes it so your batters can get streaky, hot or cold. you can make an average batter better if you get particularly good at hitting with him. he'll grow a bit.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 16

Wow talk about timing. I just started talking about this because I feel like it's actually causing me to hit TOO good. I wish I could turn it off. I do like it for the negative effect so that it's hard to get out of a slump but I don't like it for the positive. I am hitting HR's left and right with Jason Bay. I have 5 with him in 6 games on Legend difficulty with power down 2 clicks. This is a little ridiculous. I wish I could honestly turn this off somehow but that's probably not going to happen.
Old 03-17-2009, 02:22 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

You'll see and arrow near the stats line during the batter walkup. Red arrow pointing up is hot. Diagonal up light red means fairly hot. Arrow point right means average. Pointing diagonal down with light blue is cold. Arrow pointing down and dark blue means you should sit the guy down cuz he ain't gonna hit the broadside of the ballpark.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »