Home

Who is your favorite picther to pitch with?

This is a discussion on Who is your favorite picther to pitch with? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 PM   #1
Pro

dragon4ever's Arena

OVR: 9
Who is your favorite picther to pitch with?

I like pitching with Tim Lincecum. I always average at least 8 strikeouts when he's on the mound. His 2-seam fastball is sick and always gets people to swing for the fences, but 9 out of 10 times they always strikeout.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Who is your favorite picther to pitch with?

hmmm this is a very interesting topic....well, i played a game with the astros and found my performance with oswalt most satisfactory. as a matter of fact, it was my best pitching performance so far with any pitcher. i pitched 8 innings, and had 8 ks, no earned runs and only 4 hits. even though it was only the reds, i play on all star, and the cpu is hyper agressive. amazing i only allowed 4 hits, especially since i usually allow around 10.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #3
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

just struck out 10, no runs allowed, and 5 hits in 7.2 innings with John Maine. living and dying by inside edge.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pielet
just struck out 10, no runs allowed, and 5 hits in 7.2 innings with John Maine. living and dying by inside edge.
haha i know what you mean...people say ks are too hard to get, but i get anywhere from 5-9 a game using inside edge.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

Tim Wakefield. I just like seeing the knuckleballs go over the plate and have batters look like they are trying to get candy from a pinata.

I usually try to get him back to the Pirates in a franchise.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

man, you guys are gonna laugh, but the best outing i had was with the KC Royal's Brian Bannister. I had 10 K's with him through 8innings (w/big joe's sliders). The AI couldn't touch his changeup, and the kicker is, his changeup was only rated something like 38!!! It was sooooo slow. It almost looked like a wiffle ball pitch, stopping before it reached the player, and then after the cpu swung, hitting the catchers mit!!!!
Old 03-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverandblack
man, you guys are gonna laugh, but the best outing i had was with the KC Royal's Brian Bannister. I had 10 K's with him through 8innings (w/big joe's sliders). The AI couldn't touch his changeup, and the kicker is, his changeup was only rated something like 38!!! It was sooooo slow. It almost looked like a wiffle ball pitch, stopping before it reached the player, and then after the cpu swung, hitting the catchers mit!!!!
His changeup IS nasty because it has some sink too. I'm using KC and pitched a game w/ Bannister too. Johnny Peralta lit me up though.

With that said...Zach Grienke is one of my favorites so far. I held the Yanks to 1 run over 8 innings, striking out 7 w/ Grienke.

I also love pitching w/ Cole Hamels & Brett Myers.

Oh...and for just S_its and giggles I was using the Mets in my first online game, and hit a freaking 2-run HR w/ K-Rod....
Old 03-17-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
All Star

nyisles16's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
His changeup IS nasty because it has some sink too. I'm using KC and pitched a game w/ Bannister too. Johnny Peralta lit me up though.

With that said...Zach Grienke is one of my favorites so far. I held the Yanks to 1 run over 8 innings, striking out 7 w/ Grienke.

I also love pitching w/ Cole Hamels & Brett Myers.

Oh...and for just S_its and giggles I was using the Mets in my first online game, and hit a freaking 2-run HR w/ K-Rod....
LOL - I actually don't like using K-Rod. I bring him in, and it seems he gives up the lead.

Santana does well for me.. also have had success with Derek Lowe in an exhibition game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »