Home

Brightness of game??

This is a discussion on Brightness of game?? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2009, 03:13 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 8
Brightness of game??

I own a 50" DLP HDTV Sony Wega and all my other games look fantastic on it. Even though I love the new lighting system in the game, it seems like if it's a day game with the shadows, it is REALLY dark in the shadows. Do you guys just brighten up your TV through it's settings or do you mess with the PS3 settings, or am I the only one seeing this??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Brightness of game??

might be you. My overcast games are just a tad gray, gloomy, not very dark. Day games are bright!!!
Old 03-16-2009, 03:31 PM   #3
MVP

Keirik's Arena

OVR: 16

in terms of overcast games, i really wish they had the lights on and gave it a bit more artificial light feel to it...

sorely needs it
Old 03-16-2009, 03:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
I own a 50" DLP HDTV Sony Wega and all my other games look fantastic on it. Even though I love the new lighting system in the game, it seems like if it's a day game with the shadows, it is REALLY dark in the shadows. Do you guys just brighten up your TV through it's settings or do you mess with the PS3 settings, or am I the only one seeing this??

I agree 100%, and made a post about it in this thread detailing my thoughts. Not only do the "shadow" areas look too dark IMHO, but the shadows appear too early and the lights aren't always on at appropriate times.

The unexamined life is not worth living...
Old 03-16-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Rookie

Randiesel75's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysco13
Is your TV on any Entertainment modes or Dynamic settings when using the HDMI ports set aside for the game? Also make sure your Dynamic Contrast and Black Adjust are off. I found the Black Adjust can make certain dark areas a but too dark.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanDiesel
Is your TV on any Entertainment modes or Dynamic settings when using the HDMI ports set aside for the game? Also make sure your Dynamic Contrast and Black Adjust are off. I found the Black Adjust can make certain dark areas a but too dark.
I seen the same as RD. I also have a setting called HDMI Black level which I've set lower. Even setting Black Adjust at low level gives me really deep blacks, I've set this option off. Hope that helps.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 28

I had the same issue. I turned up the brightness on my TV and it helped a ton without making it unrealistically bright. Yes, and the settings in terms of hue, etc. makes a difference.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

i stil cant see the ball during day games when its on the dirt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »