Home

Fantasy Draft Curious Findings

This is a discussion on Fantasy Draft Curious Findings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
R**k**

Diesel3649's Arena

OVR: 3
Fantasy Draft Curious Findings

This is my second year with the Show, and I absolutely love it. I started my franchise with the Dodgers about a week and a half ago, I'm playing on Hall of Fame with all sliders at default except fielder speed, I have that one down one click. Now I am seriously struggling this year to hit, and generate any offense at all, but I don't find it frustrating at all, I love the challenge. I feel a lot of my struggles are patience and my mental approach to my at bats, you really do need one this year, a plan is a must.

Now what I find interesting, my cousin who is not as good a video baseball player as I am, (I'm not patting myself on the back here, he's not really into real baseball, doesn't understand any of the strategies, and we play a lot of head to head, online and in person, and he really can't compete) does a fantasy draft every year, he also plays on Hall of Fame level, with sliders set at default, and has had no struggles offensively, hitting or hitting for power.

This made me curious, so I started another franchise on Hall of Fame, default sliders, but I did a fantasy draft, and after playing about ten games of my new season, my hitting problems are over, I am hitting for a much better average, and hitting for power, (I have hit 6 homeruns in 10 games, not a ton, but after just one in almost 15 games it's a big difference for me).

I've double checked to make sure the settings are on Hall of Fame, and the sliders are set at default, and they are all fine. I find it curious and interesting that the game seems to play so much differently with a fantasy draft, than without one. The only thing I can come up with that may account for the difference could be team ratings when playing without a draft. The draft would obviously screw these up, and maybe they don't recalculate themselves, I don't know, but I do definetly feel a difference. Anyone else see anything like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2009, 12:04 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Fantasy Draft Curious Findings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel3649
This is my second year with the Show, and I absolutely love it. I started my franchise with the Dodgers about a week and a half ago, I'm playing on Hall of Fame with all sliders at default except fielder speed, I have that one down one click. Now I am seriously struggling this year to hit, and generate any offense at all, but I don't find it frustrating at all, I love the challenge. I feel a lot of my struggles are patience and my mental approach to my at bats, you really do need one this year, a plan is a must.

Now what I find interesting, my cousin who is not as good a video baseball player as I am, (I'm not patting myself on the back here, he's not really into real baseball, doesn't understand any of the strategies, and we play a lot of head to head, online and in person, and he really can't compete) does a fantasy draft every year, he also plays on Hall of Fame level, with sliders set at default, and has had no struggles offensively, hitting or hitting for power.

This made me curious, so I started another franchise on Hall of Fame, default sliders, but I did a fantasy draft, and after playing about ten games of my new season, my hitting problems are over, I am hitting for a much better average, and hitting for power, (I have hit 6 homeruns in 10 games, not a ton, but after just one in almost 15 games it's a big difference for me).

I've double checked to make sure the settings are on Hall of Fame, and the sliders are set at default, and they are all fine. I find it curious and interesting that the game seems to play so much differently with a fantasy draft, than without one. The only thing I can come up with that may account for the difference could be team ratings when playing without a draft. The draft would obviously screw these up, and maybe they don't recalculate themselves, I don't know, but I do definetly feel a difference. Anyone else see anything like this?
I am just the opposite. I have two franchises going on, 1 Fantasy and 1 with standard with A's. I am killing the ball with the A's amd doing nothing with my fantasy team.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:33 PM   #3
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: Fantasy Draft Curious Findings

you might wanna put all the fielder sliders at 0. Makes it more realistic and will help your hitting...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »