Home

Feature that ruins online play

This is a discussion on Feature that ruins online play within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-14-2009, 10:42 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Feature that ruins online play

For Madden 10 the ability to change your playbook must be taken out. If you don't like the style a team plays, then don't pick them. When do you seen in real life a coach go up to another one and ask them to borrow their playbook before the game? All it does is let people find glitch plays and then continue it with every team, let them use their own team, with it's real playbook. Should be simple to take out and would make a big difference online.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Feature that ruins online play

That's not a bad idea actually.
Old 03-14-2009, 11:35 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 16

lol....first reaction all Madden players will have when first noticing this change would be like...

Old 03-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #4
3-4 Defense

roll2tide's Arena

OVR: 13
Cool Re: Feature that ruins online play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Birthday Boy
For Madden 10 the ability to change your playbook must be taken out. If you don't like the style a team plays, then don't pick them. When do you seen in real life a coach go up to another one and ask them to borrow their playbook before the game? All it does is let people find glitch plays and then continue it with every team, let them use their own team, with it's real playbook. Should be simple to take out and would make a big difference online.

Absolutely ridiculous. I don't have an NFL team.I'm from Alabama and live in Oklahoma--2 states with no NFL teams. I prefer to run the 3-4 defense. So now I can only use certain teams?

Also, part of what keeps the game fresh for me is switching offensive playbooks. I rarely use the same one twice in a row online. Sometimes i just hold the button and select one randomly, other times I start with the Bears PB and just go in order--changing to the next one before every game. Your idea would drastically reduce the length of time I played Madden.

Horrible idea. You have no say over what team I use, what PB I use, or what style I play. If I want to run 5 wide every play, thats up to me. If I want to run Twin TE Big every play then thats up to me. What if I don't like your team, or style, or PB? Should I be able to make run less if I prefer to defend the pass? Should I not allow you to use the Ravens, for example, just because you might live on the west coast? Where does it end?

To borrow your analogy, when's the last time an NFL coach had a say in what his opponent did? Man up or go home. And fwiw, this is coming from a very sim style baller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggsimmonds
You're doing it wrong EA
Old 03-14-2009, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

Your response is very unrealistic, in picking a team you're essentially picking their players and their style of offense. Andy Reid doesn't go up to Tom Coughlin and ask him to borrow his playbook before the game because he likes the deep post route formation they come out of, GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT ********!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #6
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

No, when you pick a team you're just picking the players. Part of the whole point of Madden is that it allows us to become the coach, and make our own decisions about what types of plays we want to use. Based on your logic, we shouldn't ever be able to make depth chart changes, trades (in franchise mode), or any of those sorts of things. Should we even be able to call our own plays? Why not force people to let the computer calls play for them?

In real life, Andy Reid probably KNOWS how to run all of the plays in the Giants playbook. He simply chooses not to. I don't think that I, as a player, should be forced to behave exactly like the coach of the team that I'm using.

I don't think that you've thought this idea out very well.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:04 PM   #7
Rookie

No, you go and say "based on your logic" which has nothing to do with what I mentioned. Teams have plays and the madden devs spend time putting them in the game, you don't use other teams playbooks, it's that simple! Just plain unrealistic! I'm sure Ian agrees that this must be taken out!
Old 03-14-2009, 12:13 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

You know what's an even better way to stop everyone from using the one playbook with the perfect glitch play? Test the damn game well enough to not have gamebreaking money plays.

Alot of the playbooks in game really don't properly represent how teams run their offenses and defenses anyway, so to limit playbooks to their proper teams won't make the game any more realistic.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »