Home

I'm starting to get encouraged...

This is a discussion on I'm starting to get encouraged... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-13-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
I'm starting to get encouraged...

To be honest I think after Madden 09 NG I pretty much wrote the series off and figured I'd just maybe take a glancing look at it from now on, but with no expectation really and probably just a rental at best.

I know they had blogs last year, but I never got the impression that they were tackling important issues so I discarded them for the most part. I also felt that after 4 or 5 years now on the NG system this game wasn't going to get much better and its current state was basically nothing that I considered spending even $30 on.

So far most of the information that has been shared with us and the issues that are being addressed are actually very important, and have shown me that the new staff is serious about bringing this game back out of the ashes.

I don't know how this will play out, but I'm certainly willing to give this new team the benefit of the doubt and at least for now my interest in the Madden series has been rekindled. I think every title that is sold yearly should take this approach, where developers actually communicate with the fan base via blogs and forums. Tapping this huge pool of hard core fans for ideas and such is a great way to approach things and its mind boggling to me that it hasn't been done sooner.

So I find it odd for people to say that they are concerned with this new direction, because I'm not sure what more you want at this point. I was concerned before, but now I've become encouraged!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 15
Re: I'm starting to get encouraged...

Hooray. Optimism again. Well said.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Best thread of the day, perhaps up to this year.

I couldn't agree more.
Old 03-13-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnKill
To be honest I think after Madden 09 NG I pretty much wrote the series off and figured I'd just maybe take a glancing look at it from now on, but with no expectation really and probably just a rental at best.

I know they had blogs last year, but I never got the impression that they were tackling important issues so I discarded them for the most part. I also felt that after 4 or 5 years now on the NG system this game wasn't going to get much better and its current state was basically nothing that I considered spending even $30 on.

So far most of the information that has been shared with us and the issues that are being addressed are actually very important, and have shown me that the new staff is serious about bringing this game back out of the ashes.

I don't know how this will play out, but I'm certainly willing to give this new team the benefit of the doubt and at least for now my interest in the Madden series has been rekindled. I think every title that is sold yearly should take this approach, where developers actually communicate with the fan base via blogs and forums. Tapping this huge pool of hard core fans for ideas and such is a great way to approach things and its mind boggling to me that it hasn't been done sooner.

So I find it odd for people to say that they are concerned with this new direction, because I'm not sure what more you want at this point. I was concerned before, but now I've become encouraged!

I agree, just never put into words.
" Sonny Liston is nothing. The man can't talk. The man can't fight. The man needs to take talking lessons. The man needs to take fighting lessons. And since he's fighting me, he needs falling lessons."

Muhammad Ali...
Old 03-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

well played sir... well played
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 09:28 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 12
I'm getting encouraged with all interaction that's been happening; however , people have every right to skeptical. Madden on the 360/ps3 has been horrible, period.

Last edited by Tito78; 03-14-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:41 PM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Understood Tito, but that was also a team that's not together anymore. Every person working on Madden is brand new from last year.

Just because it say's EA on it, doesn't mean we can blame the new team about the past, can we?

We can certainly blame EA, though.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:49 PM   #8
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Ahhh nice and refreshing to see a positive post.

Good Job OP, and we share your same thoughts.

Madden 2010 will be a solid title.

Yep I said it

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »