Home

Developing Players

This is a discussion on Developing Players within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
Rookie

Suiko's Arena

OVR: 3
Developing Players

Apologies if this has been asked before, I thought it'd be a common problem but can't find anything on it. Whenever I play association mode my players stats are constantly declining, I practice a lot when fatigue is off (if it's on I tend to lay off) and give my players plenty of minutes but it seems that nothing I do seems to improve them.

Sometimes i'd get a boost for a few days but after a while or if I change the practice schedule it tends to go back down or even lower than before. This is really annoying me right now because i'm trying to develop certain players (eg. molding Adam Morrison into the god he deserves to be) but they're not going anywhere even when their potential is at A or B+.
Bruins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2009, 11:29 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Developing Players

I may not be of much help, as I have not had this issue, so I can only speculate. I let my assistants handle my practice scedule in my Associations, because I am never certain what the game would consider over or underworking my players.

I also make sure all my player roles are in check. The only times I have been faced with declining ratings, it has been the result of my players being displeased with A) Playing Time or B) Their Role with the Club. Antoine Wright became displeased and took a ratings drop when I began pulling him off the bench despite his role being "starter".

I would assume that "Team Chemistry" and your club's rate of winning may also play a role. I would suggest "right clicking" each player on your roster with declining ratings and seeing what has them upset (if anything).
Old 03-14-2009, 03:41 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 13

Practice during the season is only intended to give your players a temporary boost to their skills. If you want players to improve you have to use the coaching development drills. Also, the potential rating isn't how good you can make a player in one season, it's how much they will develop over their whole career. So if you have a player with A+ potential, expect him to improve more each year between seasons than a player with B potential. The improvements are automatic, so don't worry about it.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
Pro

utorde's Arena

OVR: 12

I just started my Association last night and I have a question. I notice that the only thing you can see is the player's overall, you cannot see each individual attribute, not even those of your own players. I can understand not seeing other player's attributes around the league, but looks like the attributes of your players you should have been able to see from the start. Still though, this is a nice feature that has been added to make things more realistic.

Anyway, I see you can scout your own players, as well as players around the league. If I scout my players so that I can see his individual attributes, how long does it take for those numbers to show up and for how long will I be able to see them? Or do I just have to scout him once and his numbers will be visible forever?
Old 03-14-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 11

im in my first association season, so i'll answer that the best i can. i immediately used my first 8 scouting reports on 8 of my players and all thier ratings immediately showed up. i dont know if they will disappear at the end of the season...thatd be crap.

i agree though, you should start off with your own players attributes unlocked. or at least youd think theyd automatically get revealed gradually as your team practices. you shouldnt have to spend scouting points on them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2009, 07:49 PM   #6
Pro

FedEx227's Arena

OVR: 8

I found the best results with the off-season stuff. I basically just took my first round draft pick and gave him the biggest off-season things every year and he eventually molded into one of the top guys on my team.

I think the in-season practice stuff just gives you a temp. boost, like a week or two.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:31 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guggy107
im in my first association season, so i'll answer that the best i can. i immediately used my first 8 scouting reports on 8 of my players and all thier ratings immediately showed up. i dont know if they will disappear at the end of the season...thatd be crap.
Unfortunately they disappear every season. This sucks because you only have so many scouting reports, and it's not enough to really be useful in anyway. They should copy the inside edge thing in 2k baseball, where when a player is on your team you immediately know all his tendencies, and if you purchase his scouting report you maintain it for life. It would be fine if you had to scout them every year for updated tendencies but you really should have all your own players stats at the start.
Old 03-15-2009, 10:43 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chessboxer1
Unfortunately they disappear every season. This sucks because you only have so many scouting reports, and it's not enough to really be useful in anyway. They should copy the inside edge thing in 2k baseball, where when a player is on your team you immediately know all his tendencies, and if you purchase his scouting report you maintain it for life. It would be fine if you had to scout them every year for updated tendencies but you really should have all your own players stats at the start.
i agree. its ridiculous that you have to use up scouting on your own players. youd think at least that youd gradually learn the attributes for the guys on your team from seeing them practice, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »