Home

Astros Uniforms

This is a discussion on Astros Uniforms within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 11
Astros Uniforms

All right, I've gotta post this because it is the only thing killing my buzz about this game. Let me say I think this game is hands down the best baseball game ever. However my team, the Astros, have uniform issues. If your favorite team had missing or incorrect uniforms you'd probably gripe too. My point is that I'm not here to bring the game down, but bring up these corrections so that in the future this game gets as close to 'perfect' as it can. I've heard about the MLB style guide, so if the style guide is off, I guess I can only hope MLB updates it for next season:

ASTROS UNIFORMS

The road alternate checks out okay as well as the Saturday home alternate (whites/red cap) and ST away. That just leaves the default home and away as well as the ST home and Sunday home alternate in need of attention.

The default home uniforms should have solid red numbers on the front. In the game they are black with the sand and red outline, exactly like they are on the backs of the player. This is annoying to me because it's the default uni, they've been the same since 2000.

The default away uniform should in turn have solid black numbers on the front. The game has the red numbers outlined in sand and black, exactly like the ones on the backs of the players.

The red top/white pant sunday home alternates are also not in the game to my dismay. The aways are okay, they say 'Houston' on the front and have the gray pants, but the home version is AWOL. Wouldn't be such a biggie if they weren't worn every Sunday at home.

The Spring Training home uniforms feature the default home pinstriped pants. These pants with the red ST top make a hideous combo. The correct pants are the home alternate white pants with the black piping. I know they're just ST unis but they really look awful with the pinstripes IMHO.

Here here to a great game!

Last edited by texans; 03-11-2009 at 07:50 PM. Reason: forgot about default home and away...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 24
Re: Astros Uniforms

I think maybe they have wayyyyyyyyyyyy too many uni's.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 7

I believe SCEA can only do certain jerseys and certain things with those jerseys. They must follow the MLB Style guid exactly or they face fines.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #4
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

I wish they had included their mid to late 90's uniforms.

Old 03-11-2009, 08:24 PM   #5
Rookie

dallas0112's Arena

OVR: 5

I hear ya, this MLB style guide uni thing is terrible, also, all teams have an alternate and a throwback and they are usually the same uni just about. It's nice that they have this option for alternate and throwback, but, please, mix up the throwback from the alternate. I'd like to see them have even more unis, choices, lots of choices. Oh well, maybe next year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2009, 10:23 PM   #6
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills

while I'm a Cubs fan in Houston....I always digged those uni's. Maybe next year.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills

I hear ya. Every year I hope one of the baseball games get these 90's unis into the game but none ever do.
Old 03-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #8
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsTerritory
I believe SCEA can only do certain jerseys and certain things with those jerseys. They must follow the MLB Style guid exactly or they face fines.
100% correct

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »