Home

My franchise freezes

This is a discussion on My franchise freezes within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-10-2009, 01:40 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
My franchise freezes

Hey guys, I'm really liking the game but I got four games into a season playing all games and then when I went to load up again to start my 5th it freezes. I started all over again and the exact same thing happened after three games. If this is always going to happen then the game doesn't work. Has anyone else had this. I don't want to sim to where I was I like to play all my games but this is really frustrating. I don't have the patch but I don't have live either. Does the patch fix this? Has anyone even heard of this? Could it be a bad disc?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #2
Rookie

striker3771's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: My franchise freezes

It's not a bad disk. Many have the freezing issues playing 2k games in the past. Franchises freezing is the norm with their games. Several members have posted a work around. From what I gather, they are double saving their franchises. I'm more of a online gamer, but you can use the search feature to find the work around.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:03 PM   #3
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Ron from 2K just started a thread for this over at the 2K forum. You should post as many details as possible because it sounds like the developers are really trying to take care of this:

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211461

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K Admin Ron
Please keep to this topic in this thread only. I have heard isolated issues of this and want to make sure that everything we can properly address is covered in the patch. If you are still getting CONTINUAL freezes by running a franchise AFTER you have both downloaded the Day One Update (which means for now PC users, ignore this thread... your update is forthcoming) and started a franchise after doing so, can you please post on this thread with the following information?

Console:
What team you are playing:
What team is next in your schedule:
Did you save the franchise and have come back and tried to load it with an immediate lock-up?:
Did you run a fantasy draft/do any trading/allow CPU trading?:
Did you have an injury?:
If either of the last two questions where yes, please list your roster to the best of your ability:

It may be nothing, but that's what this thread is for. Thanks guys.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:21 PM   #4
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
Ron from 2K just started a thread for this over at the 2K forum. You should post as many details as possible because it sounds like the developers are really trying to take care of this:

http://2ksports.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211461
Good lord Ron's doublespeak drives me nuts. That aside...lol...it's good that they're at least looking into it though.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #5
Rookie

thanks guys. i posted on the 2k board for him. if you need live for a patch though, i don't have it. i think i bought a broken game lol. some other site with some people that have had the problem say to clear your xbox cache. never heard of that but i'm going to try it and start my season for a 3rd time. thanks again guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #6
Rookie

goldenisthytate's Arena

OVR: 1

Has anybody been able to recover a Franchise that won't load? Mine froze about 25 games in. I was just starting to enjoy this game too despite its many flaws. Now that I lost my franchise I don't really have any motivation to play it any more.

I have tried clearing my 360's cache and installing the game to the HDD. Nothing has worked.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:06 AM   #7
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41

I have had more luck downloading the game to the HD. I don't know if it's just dumb luck or not yet. I had the game freeze 4 out of 8 games I tried to play on my franchise. since then I am 2 for 2.

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Old 03-13-2009, 01:59 PM   #8
Rookie

I'm with you guys on this issue. I'm into about the tenth game of my Twins franchise, playing every game. I saved a game in progress in the eight inning. I tried to start it up again, and finished, when it was loading to go back to the franchise game it froze. I tried it twice more and it froze again. So basically my franchise is done, and I don't feel like playing anymore.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »