Home

What were the Major Issues with 2k7?

This is a discussion on What were the Major Issues with 2k7? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-07-2009, 03:15 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
What were the Major Issues with 2k7?

Can anyone give me a quick summary of what the issues were with 2k7? Did they release any patches and if I was to get the game now is the patch still out there?

Mainly just want to get a game to get rid of a baseball fix, but don't want to spend much money on a game right now.

Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 03:19 PM   #2
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: What were the Major Issues with 2k7?

Yes, there was a regular patch, plus if you download the free stadium it asks you to, that contains fixes to the code as well (fixes the edit limit problem).

With the right sliders, it plays a really good game of baseball. Don't play on default difficulty or you'll see too many homers and the AI will be too good on the field (robbing homers).

These sliders are good for starters, then tweak to your liking:
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...lider-set.html

Some people had issues where their Franchise would freeze, but it seemed to be a hit and miss issue where some people would have it, some wouldn't. I personally never had my franchise freeze.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Sedihawk2K5's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Can anyone give me a quick summary of what the issues were with 2k7? Did they release any patches and if I was to get the game now is the patch still out there?

Mainly just want to get a game to get rid of a baseball fix, but don't want to spend much money on a game right now.

Thanks.
The framerate was an issue, even with 2K7, but they improved it a bit with the patch. The patch also added an extra fielding camera, which was fantastic! I think it was called pole, and was very similar to MVP baseball's standard fielding cam. It made a big difference. Also, some of the last official roster updates included photos and signature styles for the Japanese players left off the game when it was shipped (Dice-K, Okajima, Iwamura, Johjima, etc).

In-game probably the worst thing was the over-abundance of HR's. There were just too many. Even sliders couldn't fully solve it. It's still a fun game though, and it looks great!
Old 03-07-2009, 03:27 PM   #4
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

With the sliders I'm currently using, I usually only see a couple homeruns per game. If you need any help with sliders, just let me know

The only time I notice the framerate drop is occasionally the outfielders will slow down (just like all MLB 2K games, lol). I've gotten so used to it that it doesn't really bother me anymore.

You can probably get this game insanely cheap at Gamestop. For the price you can't go wrong as it is still a very good game.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-07-2009 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:54 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
With the sliders I'm currently using, I usually only see a couple homeruns per game. If you need any help with sliders, just let me know

The only time I notice the framerate drop is occasionally the outfielders will slow down (just like all MLB 2K games, lol). I've gotten so used to it that it doesn't really bother me anymore.

You can probably get this game insanely cheap at Gamestop. For the price you can't go wrong as it is still a very good game.

Cool, does the franchise play alright or is there riduculous problems with the AI controlled teams and stats.

Also is there walks? Meaning can the human walk players even if trying to throw strikes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 17

I enjoyed 2k7 alot though I'm not sure I could go back to it. I may try to play some next week. Default plays pretty horrible but sliders help. I still ended up pitching too well but wasn't too determined to fix it. I had fun with franchise but wasn't looking for glaring roster issues or anything. If you're looking for a cheap baseball game you may as well try it out.

Plus, the graphics are just beautiful in HD. Could spend hours watching replays and zooming around the stadiums looking at the details.
Old 03-07-2009, 04:34 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

bigfnjoe96's Arena

OVR: 28

You guys are killing me here... As much as I like 2K9, I'm really close to going back to 2k7. The over aggressive AI & the animations are really frustrating me. I just noticed I could still EDIT my 2K7 Pure Realism Sliders. I went in & changed some things around from my original settings.

What's stopping me is the work I'm gonna have to put in updating the roster (2k share would've been the ish right now) I did notice JBH3 has created a file for all the 2008 off-season moves, but what I don't have is a way to transfer his file without having to it manually.

For all the grief 2k7 got who would've thought it would still be the best baseball game available for the 360.. geez
Old 03-07-2009, 04:56 PM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Cool, does the franchise play alright or is there riduculous problems with the AI controlled teams and stats.

Also is there walks? Meaning can the human walk players even if trying to throw strikes?
AI stats seemed alright in the franchise mode. The only stats I really looked at were the League Leaders, but they always looked normal to me.

If you crank the pitching meter difficulty all the way up and try to hit the corners, you can throw some balls on accident, but if you want a real challenge, try turning the Zone or Zone 2 pitching on and you will not hit your spots every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfnjoe96
You guys are killing me here... As much as I like 2K9, I'm really close to going back to 2k7. The over aggressive AI & the animations are really frustrating me. I just noticed I could still EDIT my 2K7 Pure Realism Sliders. I went in & changed some things around from my original settings.

What's stopping me is the work I'm gonna have to put in updating the roster (2k share would've been the ish right now) I did notice JBH3 has created a file for all the 2008 off-season moves, but what I don't have is a way to transfer his file without having to it manually.

For all the grief 2k7 got who would've thought it would still be the best baseball game available for the 360.. geez
I'm feeling the same way Joe. If the bugs in 2K9 don't get fixed (especially AI Batting Aggression), I'll be going back to 2K7 because it is a better game right now. The rosters are the only thing that would bother me, but with updated rosters, 2K7 would be the best baseball game on the 360.

Last edited by jeffy777; 03-07-2009 at 05:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »