Home

A true pinnacle in sports gaming...

This is a discussion on A true pinnacle in sports gaming... within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-05-2009, 08:08 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 52
A true pinnacle in sports gaming...

I just wanted to post over here in case the devs read this forum...

To the SCEA dev team: you guys have really set the bar as to what sports games should be. After a few of us got our hands on it, we have forced our entire Madden design team to go through the game, take notes, and come up with ideas that could apply to us - and the one universal happening has been that everyone has been 100% blown away by the detail and quality of the product. From the commentary to the animation to the graphics to the presentation to the depth...you guys knocked it out of the park (bad pun intended).

I don't want to make it look like our opinion matters more than anyone else or anything, but I did want to say - from the Madden design team - GREAT job to all those involved in making this year's game. You've set the bar extremely high for us and everyone else in this industry (which is a very good thing IMO).

- Ian

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: A true pinnacle in sports gaming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA

To the SCEA dev team: you guys have really set the bar as to what sports games should be. After a few of us got our hands on it, we have forced our entire Madden design team to go through the game, take notes, and come up with ideas that could apply to us - and the one universal happening has been that everyone has been 100% blown away by the detail and quality of the product. From the commentary to the animation to the graphics to the presentation to the depth...you guys knocked it out of the park (bad pun intended).

I don't want to make it look like our opinion matters more than anyone else or anything, but I did want to say - from the Madden design team - GREAT job to all those involved in making this year's game. You've set the bar extremely high for us and everyone else in this industry (which is a very good thing IMO).

- Ian
This is a classy post...nice to see.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
MVP

vernond's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
This is a classy post...nice to see.
Took the words out of my mouth. Very Nice.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
Th* *p*r*t**n *f Sp*rts

CS10029's Arena

OVR: 32

Great to see something like this.

I really think MVP influenced THIS game and I don't see why that couldn't happen to Madden via The Show.
I don't like the Yankees, I like the Red Sox, I don't like the Lakers, I like the Celtics, I hate the Canadiens and I love the Bruins. Soccer is the best sport on Earth, but most Americans are too ignorant to realize it. I am American.

This is My Music:
www.youtube.com/user/christoffascott
Old 03-05-2009, 08:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Goose158's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:

- Ian
Wow, High praise from EA. Can't argue with that. All Dev teams could learn alot from the Show Dev team in every aspect especially community involvement.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:

- Ian

On behalf of the entire development team here at SCEA San Diego thank you it means a lot coming from a fellow developer.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 27

It is without a doubt Ian.

These SCEA guys are truly amazing.

For you to also come in a recognize that is pure class on your part also. I have nothing but good vibes about Madden 10.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:21 PM   #8
Rookie

knick9mm's Arena

OVR: 5

this is a very beautiful thing

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »