Home

Dekuyper's Legendary Sliders

This is a discussion on Dekuyper's Legendary Sliders within the MLB 2K Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Dekuyper's Legendary Sliders

I have had little success producing a good game consistently, so here is my own edition of legendary sliders: Dekuypers Legendary Sliders on 2kShare.

Here is what I was shooting for:

- Power to hit homeruns at a realistic rate, not 10 a game
- Pull or opposite field hitting based on timing at the plate, not just pushing the left stick
- Patience on the mound, these will not be good if you pound the strike zone every pitch
- Extra speed in the outfield to offset the slow motion OFs and bad overall fielding
- CPU pitchers that will walk you if you work the count
- Simulated though whole season, produced accurate stats overall

Please try them and let me know what you think.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2009, 03:00 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Dekuyper's Legendary Sliders

Twins (me) 3 @ White Sox 1

Twins 3
White Sox 1

Stat -Twins-Sox
AB's-31-32
BAvg-.258-.156
Singles-5-3
Doubles-3-1
HR's-0-1
Walks-0-5
K's-1-4
SB's-0-0
Errors-1-0
Pitches-97-101
Balls-32-33

Overall Impressions: Very good set to start with. I drew three walks, and had two IW's given to me by the Sox. Ramirez clubbed a high and inside fastball over the left field fence for the HR. The starters seemed to throw more balls than the relievers, as both of us were over 85 pitches through 7 innings.

Again nice set to begin with.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:42 PM   #3
Rookie

Cool, I'm glad you got a good game out of it. I've played several more in my franchise as have a couple friends of mine, and the only thing they have noticed is that they are hitting a healthy number of HR's with the big power guys, like Hamilton of the Ranger's.

I might eventually adjust the power slider down just a touch, but I want to play a few more games first.

Also, you really are good at taking pitches! I'm not sure if it's the view I have picked, but I still have a hard time taking balls, especially ones over the plate but high of low.

Thanks for trying them out!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:27 AM   #4
Rookie

StLfan72's Arena

Holy moly, my first game with this set I was the Cardinals playing the Pirates. The Pirates clubbed 7 hits and 2 bombs before I got the first out. Things settled down a little bit, but it seemed like everything they hit went far. Obviously I need a few more games under my belt with this slider set, but if they pounded Carpenter like that what are they going to do against Pineiro?

Old 03-07-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLfan72
Holy moly, my first game with this set I was the Cardinals playing the Pirates. The Pirates clubbed 7 hits and 2 bombs before I got the first out. Things settled down a little bit, but it seemed like everything they hit went far. Obviously I need a few more games under my belt with this slider set, but if they pounded Carpenter like that what are they going to do against Pineiro?
I have toned down the Power some, noticing that the computer especially was smashing the ball a little too much too frequently! I moved Human and CPU power down to 75.

The only suggestion I can give is to be very patient with your pitching. Hit the corners and throw off the plate sometimes trying to get the hitter to chase. My latest 3 games I've averaged 6 to 7 innings with my started, and given up 2, 8, and 3 runs, pitching with the Ranger's.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Rookie

Did you upload the changes that you made? I wouldn't mind seeing how your changes work.
Old 03-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
Rookie

Not yet, but I'll try to get version 2.0 up on file share tomorrow!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K > MLB 2K Sliders »