Home

using custom music causes a stutter pause?

This is a discussion on using custom music causes a stutter pause? within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
using custom music causes a stutter pause?

is this happening for anyone else? I set up custom music for every event and now before any song is played the whole game pauses, flashbacks to 2k8 ughg. so its mostly after a play is made it will pause for a second, then they fielders work it around the horn for example. oh well, I guess i'll learn to live with it...

also, is there any way to setup custom music for the menus? it looks like you can only use the very exciting "2kbeats" tracks for this -- but custom menu music was in last years game!?!?! I dont know why they removed soooo much stuff and options form last year to this year...strange decisions all around..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #2
MVP

rckabillyRaider's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: using custom music causes a stutter pause?

My custom music runs smooth. No pauses.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
is this happening for anyone else? I set up custom music for every event and now before any song is played the whole game pauses, flashbacks to 2k8 ughg. so its mostly after a play is made it will pause for a second, then they fielders work it around the horn for example. oh well, I guess i'll learn to live with it...

also, is there any way to setup custom music for the menus? it looks like you can only use the very exciting "2kbeats" tracks for this -- but custom menu music was in last years game!?!?! I dont know why they removed soooo much stuff and options form last year to this year...strange decisions all around..
Is your music on your console HD or streaming from another source? If it's streaming that could account for the delay.
Old 03-04-2009, 12:52 PM   #4
Pro

no all my music is on the HDD...hmmm, is your game installed on the HDD too? maybe I need to install MLB...which means I'll have to remove my favorite game from the HD to make room...

ill have to test when I get home tonight, but glad to hear it isnt happening to everyone..so there must be a workaround..
Old 03-05-2009, 02:31 PM   #5
Pro

man no one else is seeing this issue?

I just removed all custom music to make sure that was the issue and now its plays smooth as silk.

then, because my playlists are hundred songs or so I made playlists of only 1 song since maybe the random shuffle was causing the pauses and hitches.....no luck. still pauses with just one song to play in the playlist.

I cant see why this is only happening for me (?), music is all on the harddrive, works fine for every other game.

I guess the last thing I can try before I give up is to install the game on my HD and see if that cures it....
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »