Home

I have NO idea what everyone is talking about

This is a discussion on I have NO idea what everyone is talking about within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 03-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
I have NO idea what everyone is talking about

So ive read the posts, read the reviews and played the game. Yes the computer hacks. Yes the first baseman's foot comes off the bag (has happened to me ONCE in all of my games), and yes there are a lot of homeruns (that is until i changed the sliders).

But after messing with the sliders (thanks BFJ), my games have been AWESOME. My last 3 games ended, 1-0 Computer, 2-1 Me, and 4-2 Me, with maybe a total of 2 homeruns hit. The computer still does hack, but i get numerous strikeouts with the computer looking. They also have been check swinging for strikes and swinging at balls out of the zone.

I havent seen the computer do anything dumb in the field yet like everyone else has been saying. No infielders watching the ball go by, no first baseman not throwing to the plate when a running tries to take an extra base, and minimal errors on routine fly balls.

I am sure I will run into a few of these issues...but so what. If it happens once over the course of a few games, I can deal with it.

As long as 2k fixes a few of these minor issues, I think this could be a very good game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 8
Re: I have NO idea what everyone is talking about

What type of pitching are you using??? Breaking point release? total control? or classic?
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #3
Rookie

2 step pitching. Im not sure which its called, but I aim and then the ball breaks from there i.e. I aim towards the bottom of the strike zone with a curveball and it bounces low in the dirt.

And both batters eye and zone hitting off. Not using classic. Just right analog for swing and left analog aiming towards where the pitch comes in.

I may venture into zone hitting, but after trying it a few times, its very hard on breaking balls.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:19 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

I fully agree man. I was real leary about picking this up after reading all the terrible reviews. All the issues they were saying it was having.

Played some last night and the game seems really solid. Very glad I picked it up. No where near as bad as they were making it sound.

I am going to have a blast with this.

I also LOVE how the weather, time of day change though out a game. VERY cool feature
Old 03-04-2009, 10:26 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia

I also LOVE how the weather, time of day change though out a game. VERY cool feature

I agree with the time of day change. I first noticed that last night. Very cool
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2009, 10:33 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 8

Agreed with original poster.

It sounds like there are some bugs out there but I'm loving this game so far although I do need some tweaked sliders (and will try the ones listed here).

My biggest gripe so far is OF play is too vague; they need the auto-field option from last year's game to help the fielders get in position.

But the presentation is fantastic (commentators, environment, stadiums). There are some things that I personally like a lot that others might not, starting with the ability to play non-user games in franchise and the availability of all the old school unis without those silly cards.

The player and manager models need some fine tuning--they all have bad posture (the managers going to the mound walk/look like they're 85 and their depends are filled).

I'm playing on Legend and I'm competitive with the AI for 8 of the 9 innings. So far there's always one inning where the AI blasts 5-6 runs, often times with 2 outs (usually back to back to back singles, followed by a sloppy OF play, then a double, etc.). But with experience (or improved sliders) I expect to overcome this.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 28

My experience has mirrored those of the reviewers. However, it is good to see gamers enjoying this game.

The one thing I noticed is that everyone is having to tweak the sliders to get the game to play in a way that is acceptable.

In my opinion, sliders should be utilized to adjust skill level not fix items that are broken.

Not ripping on 2K but gamers shouldn't have to spend time "tweaking" to get the game to do what it should right out of the box.
Old 03-04-2009, 10:47 AM   #8
Post Like a Champion!

jake44np's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eski33
My experience has mirrored those of the reviewers. However, it is good to see gamers enjoying this game.

The one thing I noticed is that everyone is having to tweak the sliders to get the game to play in a way that is acceptable.

In my opinion, sliders should be utilized to adjust skill level not fix items that are broken.

Not ripping on 2K but gamers shouldn't have to spend time "tweaking" to get the game to do what it should right out of the box.
First off I totally agree with the OP I am loving this game, I couldnt quit playing last night!
I am not seeing all the negatives that all the reviewers are talking about.

Secondly I have not played a game since about 2005 that didnt need sliders adjusted to play a realistic game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »