Home

My last day as a Free Agent......

This is a discussion on My last day as a Free Agent...... within the MLB 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
My last day as a Free Agent......

The last few weeks have been great hearing all the hype about 2k9. Graphics were amazing, new htting and pitching, commentary.....it all seemed like a dream come true! I loved NBA 2k9 and really had the feeling 2k made the right move by employing the developers to redo baseball and make it a huge change.

And then the last few days have been gut-wrenching to say the least. Things that seem so simple and so obvious to have in a video game seem to have been put to the side. Spring Training? 40 man rosters? Arbitration? Seriously? And not mention the bugs and glitches but that can all be fixed.

If the "other game" was available on 360 this would be a lot more simple. It would simply be a possible $60 loss by purchasing both games and deciding which was better. Now we are talking about 2 systems that dont come cheap.

I own a 360, but am willing to trade it in for a PS3 if need be....Am I the only one with this train of thought?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #2
All Star

OVR: 35
Re: My last day as a Free Agent......

I'm with you. I'm torn between 2k9 for the 360 and The Show for PS2. I'm waiting at least a week to buy one, so I've got plenty of time to be swayed one way or the other.
Old 03-02-2009, 12:57 PM   #3
MVP

Trevytrev11's Arena

OVR: 19

I've considered going after a PS3, but I just can't justify it right now (at least to my wife ...I may just stick with 2K8 this year...or wait for the third straight year and get this used. I'll wait it out a little longer and see what if anything gameplay related will be fixed.
Old 03-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevytrev11
I've considered going after a PS3, but I just can't justify it right now (at least to my wife ...I may just stick with 2K8 this year...or wait for the third straight year and get this used. I'll wait it out a little longer and see what if anything gameplay related will be fixed.
I agree with the whole wife thing, same boat for me....

Below is my setup right now, so u can understand my need for a next-gen baseball game! I played 2k7 & 2k8 and they were terrible My fear is that happens again.......

360 - NCAA & NBA2k

Xbox - MVP 05 (updated) & NCAA:MVP 06
Old 03-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #5
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

I thought 2k8 was rubbish as was 2k6...but i'm really liking the demo and will buy this game. After seeing videos of the show, I honestly don't get why its getting THAT level of hype. There are things that 2k9 does better just looking at videos such as the camera on fly balls, the fact that 2k9 looks like it has much higher frame rate during gameplay (the show the ball during pitches looks like it's comming in frames instead ofa continuous motion) and the commentary is superior for 2k.
The show looks better graphically however and does a better job of ground balls imo. But at least to me it's not like the show is god and 2k is a sewer rat like so many people make it seem.
The show seems alright, but not a console seller for me, and since i'm digging 2k9 it's not even an issue anymore (like it was for 2k8)
Old 03-02-2009, 01:43 PM   #6
Banned

The bottomline is if you are a stats freak and enjoy realistic baseball, the show is your only option. But, if you enjoy just playing around and not obsessed with realism then 2k9 with be do the job.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 8

ok, let me put this to rest,this game will be much better then the years past,if any of you have played the demo,and played 2k8,then you can see great improvement,it will be solid,i just cant wait for 2-marrow,and i just hope online is good!(prey!)
Old 03-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamimarlins1
The bottomline is if you are a stats freak and enjoy realistic baseball, the show is your only option. But, if you enjoy just playing around and not obsessed with realism then 2k9 with be do the job.
If you want a game in which the veterans never have a drop off in productivity, then The show is your game. If you don't mind you stars retiring after hitting 40+ HRs just because they hit the magical age in the program, The Show will be a very nice game. If you want the stats to resemble 1960's baseball (low, low ERAs) instead of baseball in the 21st century, you will love The Show.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MLB 2K »