Home

MLB 09 "Road To The Show" thread

This is a discussion on MLB 09 "Road To The Show" thread within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 02-28-2009, 01:43 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 28
MLB 09 "Road To The Show" thread

Didn't see such thread so hey....

I've been drafted by the Padres and these guys give me NO support whatsoever. It's crazy playing the game this way. Not having control over anyone but your guy can be frustrating like if you're playing for real. I'm in spring training right now and one in game goal I had was to get a ground out. I throw a perfect pitch and the batter bites and swings. Double play ball in the making, hooray for.... WHAT!?!? Error on the 3rd baseman. Supposedly the ball took a funny hop on him. Yeah right, that guy has been stinking it up on 3rd base the whole spring training.

The crazy thing is sure you have to do all the little things that are required for that position. Run to back up throws, cover bases, everything. This is definitely a well fleshed out mode. I haven't won a game yet but my last outing was my strongest. Gave up 2 hits in 5 or 6 innings of work and no runs. I was stinking it up though the first few outings. I was hitting my spots good and doing the do.

It's crazy hearing your name of the public address system too. I actually laughed when I heard it. Like I was "official" LOL. I'm going to assume I have to actually make the team. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone else is trying this mode how's it going for you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #2
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: MLB 09 "Road To The Show" thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
Didn't see such thread so hey....

I've been drafted by the Padres and these guys give me NO support whatsoever. It's crazy playing the game this way. Not having control over anyone but your guy can be frustrating like if you're playing for real. I'm in spring training right now and one in game goal I had was to get a ground out. I throw a perfect pitch and the batter bites and swings. Double play ball in the making, hooray for.... WHAT!?!? Error on the 3rd baseman. Supposedly the ball took a funny hop on him. Yeah right, that guy has been stinking it up on 3rd base the whole spring training.

The crazy thing is sure you have to do all the little things that are required for that position. Run to back up throws, cover bases, everything. This is definitely a well fleshed out mode. I haven't won a game yet but my last outing was my strongest. Gave up 2 hits in 5 or 6 innings of work and no runs. I was stinking it up though the first few outings. I was hitting my spots good and doing the do.

It's crazy hearing your name of the public address system too. I actually laughed when I heard it. Like I was "official" LOL. I'm going to assume I have to actually make the team. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

If anyone else is trying this mode how's it going for you?
Got the game today and played only 1 game and simmed half a season. It was my gf's birthday today so I have been held up. I will def. be giving this game some love tomorrow. I will try to post pics of RTTS tomorrow.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:54 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Got the game today and played only 1 game and simmed half a season. It was my gf's birthday today so I have been held up. I will def. be giving this game some love tomorrow. I will try to post pics of RTTS tomorrow.
A true romantic ! a MLB the show love story
Old 02-28-2009, 03:16 PM   #4
Banned

Man spring training didn't go so well. They gave me 62,000 to play for the San Antonio Missions AA ball. And I'm not even a starting pitcher. Got me coming in doing relief work.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
MVP

hitstreak13's Arena

OVR: 13

Playing SS for the Pads. Through 10 games, im hitting .275, HR, 4 RBIs, 2 2b, and am 2-3 in SB attempts. So far, a pretty solid spring. I can't wait until the real season starts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2009, 04:10 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitstreak13
Playing SS for the Pads. Through 10 games, im hitting .275, HR, 4 RBIs, 2 2b, and am 2-3 in SB attempts. So far, a pretty solid spring. I can't wait until the real season starts
So you think you'll make the squad? They dissed me hard.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:14 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Did they improve the loading time? That was one of the most frustrating things about being a batter in RTTS.
Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by totalownership
So you think you'll make the squad? They dissed me hard.
I don't think you can make the team out of ST..at least I never did in any other games. They want you to start out at AA and work from there..they don't want you to play at MLB level your whole career.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »