Home

Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

This is a discussion on Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2009, 12:12 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 18
Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

Just got done creating Mr. Pat White from West Virginia and let me tell you, he is going to be a fun Madden 10 QB / HB / WR.

Right now, everything I'm reading has him trying to stay at Quarterback in the NFL. He wants to be drafted as a QB. How long before they convert him to a HB or WR, who knows. I just read another report saying that Pat White might be the next piece in the Wildcat puzzle, meaning he might be the next big thing for a team like Miami who runs a lot of Wildcat.

Will he be rated as good as Mike Vick in certain areas like Speed and Elusiveness? No, probably not. Vick was still a different type of animal. Whoops, sorry guys, poor choice of words....too soon?

But Pat White is still going to be nice - Speed, Elusive, Nice Arm Strength, great running abilities, Juke, Spin, etc. And yes, his throw accuracy will certainly hold him back from being some sort of monster in the game - he's not a pure passer type of QB by any means.

Just wanted you guys to get a heads up, Pat White is looking like a big time Madden 10 sleeper!

- Donny

PS - Creating the rookies is one of my favorite "tasks " of the year. I always know these rookie ratings are one of the most contraversial things in the world of player ratings, because these guys haven't proven it on the NFL field quite yet....What's cool is that this is probably the closest thing to an NFL scout before the draft! Bet those guys do similar things, break down each and every player and grade him numerically per category....bet we go deeper with our Madden ratings!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 12:15 AM   #2
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden 10 Pat White = Madden 04 Mike Vick?

If you guys can make throwing without your feet set more realistic than more power to you.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:16 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 25

Never ceases to amaze me how overrated Vick was/still is.Elite status as an NFL quarterback is bestowed based on passing the ball, pure and simple. Vick simply was not adequate in this department.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:22 AM   #4
Five Becomes Four

Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Does Pat White have an NFL-caliber arm? I thought that was the knock on him, and why teams were looking at moving him out to receiver in the first place.

Not that he shouldn't be a capable quarterback, but in no way should he approach Michael Vick (from any Madden) status, in terms of being a superior athlete with a superior arm. I personally don't think that the comparison is valid anyway; White, while a great collegiate football player in his own right, was nowhere near the transcendental talent that Michael Vick was at the college level.

Just my $0.02, however.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:23 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

You guys are never going to learn. Expect more of the same with 2010.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2009, 12:27 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

QB contain, spy

While your at it, give some love to the penn state players coming out
Maybin (beast),Williams,Butler,Norwood
Old 02-19-2009, 12:45 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 25

Donny I'm surprised...

you say Pat White is not a pur passer? Look, at his numbers. Look, at his win percentages...heck, for that matter look at all his percentages.

Pure passer, not exactly...but the reason is not his accuracy. He gets it done with his feet a lot and that hurts his passing stats imo.

He consistantly improved as a passer every year at WV, he won a bowl game evry year at WV, and he won the conf. title every year at WV....

What are you talking about?

WV runs the spread, how can the guy not be a accurate passer?

I brought this point up before about the perception that black QB's are not accurate, or intelligent in Madden. For years you guys had QB's like Craig Nall (GB's third string) with more accuracy & awareness than D. McNabb & S. Mcnair.

I'm not going to blame you for that, but I can't see at all how you can say anything bad about Pat White as a passer. All the guy does is win.

Now, I know he's making the jump to the NFL...but wow...to say he's not as accurate as the top three guys at his position is just not accurate imo.

He's not the most accurate, but he's not far behind...at all.

Look it up.

Last edited by Guillotine 1; 02-19-2009 at 12:53 AM.
Old 02-19-2009, 12:52 AM   #8
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny_Moore
Just got done creating Mr. Pat White from West Virginia and let me tell you, he is going to be a fun Madden 10 QB / HB / WR.

Right now, everything I'm reading has him trying to stay at Quarterback in the NFL. He wants to be drafted as a QB. How long before they convert him to a HB or WR, who knows. I just read another report saying that Pat White might be the next piece in the Wildcat puzzle, meaning he might be the next big thing for a team like Miami who runs a lot of Wildcat.

Will he be rated as good as Mike Vick in certain areas like Speed and Elusiveness? No, probably not. Vick was still a different type of animal. Whoops, sorry guys, poor choice of words....too soon?

But Pat White is still going to be nice - Speed, Elusive, Nice Arm Strength, great running abilities, Juke, Spin, etc. And yes, his throw accuracy will certainly hold him back from being some sort of monster in the game - he's not a pure passer type of QB by any means.

Just wanted you guys to get a heads up, Pat White is looking like a big time Madden 10 sleeper!

- Donny

PS - Creating the rookies is one of my favorite "tasks " of the year. I always know these rookie ratings are one of the most contraversial things in the world of player ratings, because these guys haven't proven it on the NFL field quite yet....What's cool is that this is probably the closest thing to an NFL scout before the draft! Bet those guys do similar things, break down each and every player and grade him numerically per category....bet we go deeper with our Madden ratings!
Oh boy...what a job you have! I only hope that even though he is athleticlly gifted he is not going to be able to exploit the game with his physical abilities. Yes he may be athletic but he is still a rookie and I hope this year that is taken into consideration. If he is drafted into the right system he could be dangerous in certain situations, but as a passer? Probably not until he learns the systems and that is what I hope is implemented.

BTW I gotta know...you are in charge of creating players, is that just the numbers that make up that player or is it how they look also? And if you do have a say in how they look did you give him a towel or a handwarmer?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »