Home

Celebrations

This is a discussion on Celebrations within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 11
Celebrations

So I'm watching NFL Football Follies on the NFL Network, and they're showing some pretty awesome dances. Which got me to wondering, how will dances and celebrations work in Madden 10?

Hopefully, they get rid of that god awful blue square in the end zone. I also am not a fan of the majority of the end zone celebrations. Most of them don't fit the character of the player doing the celebration. For example, Ben Roethlisberger will never do the "Soulja Boy" after he bootlegs it into the end zone. Leave that to T.O. and Chad Johnson. Also, the celebrations are too much about one person. I want to see the team get involved. For example, a quarterback will chest bump his receiver, a runningback will thank his O-Line, etc. You rarely see someone celebrate by themselves. When somebody gets a game winning touchdown, there should be a dogpile on that person, for example.

I would also like to see customizable celebrations, as in NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8. Give us about 25 different celebrations and let us choose 5 or 6, which we can hotkey to different buttons. This would be much better than having just a couple different celebrations with blue squares around them.

What do you think?
Minnesota Wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Celebrations

I agree with you the squares in the endzone need to go! I want it to be bare bones football get rid off all the clutter!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 12

I also agree with this. I don't mind if we can't customize are own celebrations but it would be nice to have.

Agree'd that those squares need to go. It looks so odd seeing those after a touchdown and only being able to turn them off playing hardcore kinda sucked. Nothing wrong with hardcore but playing on that also killed my backtrack feature which I enjoyed though it felt repetitive at times.

They also need to fix it where celebrations would get cut off on replays. I wanna see my celebrations after getting a touchdown of my saved replays
Old 02-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

you can turn the squares off just so you know.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

Agree on the "TEAM" celebrations piece. I'm ok with one guy going in and celebrating, but the team needs to follow.

IE. a RB scoring a TD, his O-Line should follow him in the end zone to celebrate with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysfan440
you can turn the squares off just so you know.
They shouldn't be there to begin with.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:29 PM   #7
Rookie

03MstGT290's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unmasked
So I'm watching NFL Football Follies on the NFL Network, and they're showing some pretty awesome dances. Which got me to wondering, how will dances and celebrations work in Madden 10?

Hopefully, they get rid of that god awful blue square in the end zone. I also am not a fan of the majority of the end zone celebrations. Most of them don't fit the character of the player doing the celebration. For example, Ben Roethlisberger will never do the "Soulja Boy" after he bootlegs it into the end zone. Leave that to T.O. and Chad Johnson. Also, the celebrations are too much about one person. I want to see the team get involved. For example, a quarterback will chest bump his receiver, a runningback will thank his O-Line, etc. You rarely see someone celebrate by themselves. When somebody gets a game winning touchdown, there should be a dogpile on that person, for example.

I would also like to see customizable celebrations, as in NFL 2k5 and APF 2k8. Give us about 25 different celebrations and let us choose 5 or 6, which we can hotkey to different buttons. This would be much better than having just a couple different celebrations with blue squares around them.

What do you think?
I absolutely agree with everything you just said. It's the most unrealistic and "cartoon"istic thing in Madden 09. Players do not jump 10 feet up in the air to dunk the football into the goal post. I tried the blue square celebration once and I haven't use it since. It needs to go. I like the idea of bumping chests, thanking the O-Line, etc.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

That blue square run to a spot stuff is whack. The whole endzone should be a hotspot, there should be way more celebrations and they should be button-assignable. The on-the-way-to-the-endzone celebrations are even more awful and need to be redone. Right now, going to the endzone is no fun, and scoring is no fun because the celebrations are completely handicapped.

But even more, the camera needs to be showcasing the scoring player. It's so frustrating to score a TD in 09 and the camera never really spotlights the guy, and shows him from like 20 yards away, lol. What were they thinking?

The best showcasing I've ever seen on TD's was in the rare Madden 07 cutscenes where you'd score and the camera would go into this cool large shot. That was just plain hot. It's funny how each Madden this generation has had a nice presentation element but they were never able to put together all in one game and get it right.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »