Home

After 15 09 Demo games...I've Come to a Conclusion

This is a discussion on After 15 09 Demo games...I've Come to a Conclusion within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
After 15 09 Demo games...I've Come to a Conclusion

Barring any catastrophic game crashing glitch, this is probably going to be the Best Baseball Video Game Ever. This is coming from someone that is extremely picky with BB vid. games. As an example I played 5 whole seasons of HH Baseball 03 until The Show 07 came out on PS2 (and I wasn't even that in love with 07 but it as Obama says it was time for change).

I guess the only complaint I have with the Demo (and it's debatable) is the BRunning might be a little fast and the Low Camera Angle (which I loved in 08) is not quite as fun to play on as the 08 game.

Biggest thing I love about 09: The hitting Engine is absolutely awesome....I love how you bust someone inside and they end up hitting little opp. field flair hits.

The look and feel of fielding is also a tremedous upgrade from last year's version...although the fielding in 08 was mostly good too so to say that is amazing.

Now that I've made up my mind on The Show 09....I'm not playing the Demo again....and will wait with anticipation for the final build to hit stores next week........Can't come soon enough guys.

To the Developers: Thanks for really putting your heart & soul into creating an excellent game for us kiddies (at heart at least) to enjoy.

You guys Rock The House
RC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 05:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: After 15 09 Demo games...I've Come to a Conclusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert cristo
To the Developers: Thanks for really putting your heart & soul into creating an excellent game for us kiddies (at heart at least) to enjoy.
they really seem to have put their heart & soul into the game, haven't they?

i'm totally with you. my only gripe til now with the demo had been the batting, but then realized that was my own problem by right in at vet mode. after i dropped that down for a bit to find my rhythm, the experience is awesome, and making me anticipate the final release even MORE. co-sign.
Old 02-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Now that I've made up my mind on The Show 09....I'm not playing the Demo again....and will wait with anticipation for the final build to hit stores next week........Can't come soon enough guys.
Coming out NEXT WEEK?....Where? What Store?..tell us your secret!
Old 02-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #4
ShowTime!

NAFBUC's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Barring any catastrophic game crashing glitch, this is probably going to be the Best Baseball Video Game Ever. This is coming from someone that is extremely picky with BB vid. games. As an example I played 5 whole seasons of HH Baseball 03 until The Show 07 came out on PS2 (and I wasn't even that in love with 07 but it as Obama says it was time for change).

I guess the only complaint I have with the Demo (and it's debatable) is the BRunning might be a little fast and the Low Camera Angle (which I loved in 08) is not quite as fun to play on as the 08 game.

Biggest thing I love about 09: The hitting Engine is absolutely awesome....I love how you bust someone inside and they end up hitting little opp. field flair hits.

The look and feel of fielding is also a tremedous upgrade from last year's version...although the fielding in 08 was mostly good too so to say that is amazing.

You guys Rock The House
RC
No doubt RC........did you say next week.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAFBUC
No doubt RC........did you say next week.
Yea...sorry it was more like wishful thinking on "Next Week."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2009, 06:07 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWYORICAN
Coming out NEXT WEEK?....Where? What Store?..tell us your secret!
Yea...sorry to get your hopes up but I messed up in saying "next week." I wish LOL!!! Can't wait to get my hands on 09 The Show though.
Old 02-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #7
Rookie

I can't claim we put our heart and soul into this game, but I can tell you what happened yesterday. I walked past the A.I progrmmers office and saw a controller in the hallway. I asked what happened. He said "Saltamacchia hit a walk off HR on me. I HATE Saltamacchia".
Old 02-13-2009, 06:59 PM   #8
Jedi Master

Rob_NYY's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Yes, I did that last year. After a few games, I deleted the demo and waited for the full game. I haven't done it yet this year because I'm getting an HDTV tomorrow and I want to see how great the game looks.

But I've played the demo about 10-15 times already. Once the GTA IV episode comes out next week, I will delete the '09 demo and wait for the full game. GTA will hold me over the last few weeks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »