Home

2009 San Francisco Giants

This is a discussion on 2009 San Francisco Giants within the MLB Official Team Threads forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-13-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

OVR: 15
2009 San Francisco Giants

Well Spring Training is just around the corner, so it's time to start up the thread.

My favorite signing this offseason so far is Will Clark special assistant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
Pro

tarheelguy4736's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: 2009 San Francisco Giants

I like the draft pick of Buster Posey. I saw him play for Florida State and this kid is the real deal. I really like his approach to the game
Old 02-17-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

No, you're right. The draft was outstanding for us. We have some of Baseball America's top prospects in the Minors.

It was the FA signings that I haven't been a fan of yet. Renteria hopefully finds himself again and Uribe was a minor league deal.

The Johnson deal was all right though. You get a HOF lefty for cheap. Especially with the unknown recovery of Lowry, this was not a bad signing. Plus Johnson has great numbers in this park.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 4

Here's hoping that the team will be more interesting than Barry's perjury trial...

Still hoping for one more bat. Maybe Will can come down and pinch hit some
Old 02-25-2009, 04:27 PM   #5
MVP

Well spring training is underway and this is probably the best outlook the Giants have had in a few years. Thought about checking out spring training over in Arizona next weekend with some friends, but I decided I am better off saving some money.

Our roster moves should be just about done this offseason. We've added some quality vets in Renteria, Johnson, Howry, Affeldt, and Uribe. Keeping Aurilia to help the young guys out was probably a nice move as well. Renteria definitely has the most to prove, specially with the pricetag that he came with. He's always fared much better in the NL and has been seen to come looking a lot more fit this time around. Noah Lowry is also back in action and will be competing for the 5th spot in the rotation. I'd imagine he'll begin in the bullpen if all goes well. Signing a guy like Manny would make sense if there was a way to unload someone like Winn or Rowand, but in this type of market.. not a chance. I'm expecting he'll re-sign with the Dodgers.

I'd imagine the Giants opening day lineup will be something of this sort...
RF - Randy Winn
SS - Edgar Renteria
3B - Pablo Sandoval
C - Bengie Molina
LF - Fred Lewis
CF - Aaron Rowand
1B - Ishikawa
2B - Frandsen/Burriss
P - Lincecum

The Giants may want to split up Sandoval/Molina to get out of what may be the slowest combo in baseball. The farm system is pretty exciting.. lots of arms down there. Posey has impressed as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2009, 04:39 PM   #6
Pro

dansaint's Arena

OVR: 8

I like Ishikawa's swing. Looks like he could be a 20-25 HR guy.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:01 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

yup Ishikawa sure looked good yesterday, has a pretty swing. On a side note, i'm from canada and am going to SF for 4 games july 5 6 8 and 9, it will be my first time ever to a game there, really looking forward to seeing the park.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #8
MVP

Chizzypoof's Arena

Ishikawa swing looked good and Shierholtz had a nice outing also. Ishikawa has the potential, but pull hitting in AT&T for a homer is not easy for a lefty. Those shots would be in triples alley or at least off the wall. Now if only Shierholtz can get some ample playing time. I think he's out of options this year.

Giants get to welcome the Dodgers today. I was trying to go to Spring Training this year also, but money is tight right now. It will be the first I missed since '03.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball > MLB Official Team Threads »