Home

Desperately Need Advice for Playing Online

This is a discussion on Desperately Need Advice for Playing Online within the NCAA Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball
College Football 25 All-In-One Recruiting Guide: Do This, Not That
Madden 25 Review: Stalling in the Red Zone
Good AI in Football Games Is Way Too Rare

Old 02-12-2009, 10:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Unhappy Desperately Need Advice for Playing Online

Hello everyone,

I've gotten to the point where I can absolutely dominate against the computer, easily winning by 40 or more against higher rated teams on All-American. Still, I've yet to win a single online game. Not only that, but it's always a horrible and immediate blow out, like being down 20 or so at the half, even if I only play the lowest ranked people online.

Does anyone have any practical advice on how to get better? It's simply infuriating to lose this often and by this much.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 10:09 AM   #2
cdj
Rookie

OVR: 10
Re: Desperately Need Advice for Playing Online

What are the guys doing online? What defense are you seeing and what are they doing on offense?

Conversely, what is your typical offensive & defensive strategy?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:24 AM   #3
Rookie

I've literally tried everything. I take Notre Dame, and against the computer, Hillesland and Harangody are beasts inside, and Mcalarney is always setting up for a three.

Also, I always get ridiculous amount of steals from the computer, but it seems like people just drain threes even when I'm right in front of them, or just push through tight zone coverage in the paint and make ridiculous lay-ups.

Most importantly, every time I start doing pathetically, I change it up, to no avail. The only time I come close to winning is when my opponent just gets downright cocky and tries to shoot 3's every time to run up the score.
Old 02-12-2009, 10:51 AM   #4
cdj
Rookie

What defense do you typically use? From what you described, I'd try going with either a 2-3 or 3-2 zone. The 2-3 should help shut down the inside and if they start nailing threes, then shift to the 3-2.

What kind of moves do you use in the post? Do you just attack or do you post up and use the spin move, up and under, hook, fade, etc.?
Old 02-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #5
Rookie

Yeah, it just seems like they end up getting up so much because they steal so much from me, grab all the boards of mine and theirs, while also making no turnovers at all.

I'm going to try and read up on some of the plays and play some more this evening, before Louisville. Hopefully the Irish start playing better in real life than they have in my games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2009, 11:01 AM   #6
cdj
Rookie

Also, what tempo do you utilize? If they steal a lot of your passes, I would recommend slowing things down and make sure you aren't throwing any cross-court passes. In my experience online, most users like to run and gun, so if you slow it down maybe you can keep them from getting into a rhythm.

I've been trying to archive and create NCAA Basketball strategy highlight videos here: http://www.ncaastrategies.com/filmroom

There are some playbook videos straight from EA on there that should help you out in trying to learn some new plays.
Old 02-13-2009, 11:26 AM   #7
Rookie

hopefully i can pull off a comeback like that of the Irish last night. The joyce center was rockin. I felt like I was going to die from a horrible cold, but I had to be there to see that devastation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games > NCAA Basketball »